1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

advice for having two dogs

Discussion in 'Dogs - small breeds (toy) specific' started by JES1119, Sep 3, 2006.

1. JES1119

JES1119 New Member

I have a 3 1/2 year old Shih Poo--Her name is Winnie...She has been the queen bee for almost 4 years now...A friend of ours has two dogs that she can't care for anymore...I have always wanted Winnie to have a friend, especially since there will be babies in our home in the next couple of years. SO we picked up Hannah (6 month Lhasa) last night for the weekend. They seem to be doing fine together, but I am just worried that Winnie will get annoyed with her and start to resent us...(acting out, making messes in the house, etc.) We are also in the process of house breaking Hannah. She wasn't trained by her previous owner. She uses puppy pads, but she has been going outside with Winnie to "potty". BUT she has yet to poop outside. If the weekend goes well for them, we will most likely keep her. My husband is being very patient with her!!! Any advice or happy ending stories??? Thanks!!

2. tuttifrutti

tuttifrutti New Member

I have two brittany spaniels. I had Ranger for about 2 years before I got Snickers, and have never had a problem with Ranger. Ranger even had a reason to resent me, since getting Snickers meant that he was exiled to the outdoors because of the insane amount of fur between the two of them. I have just always made sure to say hello to ranger first, give him treats first, basically made sure he still knew he was number one. They get along perfectly, and now it doesn't matter who does what first, so long as they both get it, lol.

3. JES1119

JES1119 New Member

SO FAR SO GOOD!!! Things here in our house have been great! Winnie and Hannah have been getting along great. I can't remember, but do puppies go to the bathroom less than adult dogs? Hannah, the pup, went this morning-around 8:00-it is now 12:53 a.m....she hasn't gone since. she has peed outside throughout the day though...nothing to worry about, right??

4. NickSter7715

NickSter7715 New Member

We had our lab for 7 years now. She has been the center of attention, Queen Bee since the day we brought her home (at 8 weeks old). Then when she 5, we dicided to get another dog. This tim we went with a little one. A 5 week old carin terrier. The breeder gave away the puppies way too early, so we had to hand and bottle feed him for a while. that means all of our attention was to him. At first, our lab (Tipsy) didn't really care. but then she got jelous. We worked on it for a while, then when the puppy (Cody) was 7 weeks old, we let them play togther for a full day--and the next--and so on. Tipsy was a little agrssive twards toys and stuff, but they eventually got used to eachother. And now, they're as happy as can be. They spend every minute of the day together, as you can see *pictured*, they get along great. I'm glad it's all working out for you too.
    and I'm not sure about the "potty" thing. Sometimes my dogs only go 1-2 times a day. So, really you should have nothing to worry about. They say dogs can hold it for up to 7 hours.
    If she has to "go", she'll let you know.

good luck!!!!!!

-Nicole