1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

african cichlids help me please

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by lil shant, Oct 24, 2005.

1. lil shant

lil shant New Member

can i keep two african cichlids in a 10 gallon until christmas for them to be put in a 29 gallon tank they are at least 8 centimeters long.oh i forget they are electric yellow and i would like to breed them in the 29 gallon can u tell me how big they grow and how to sex them i know they are too small but i would still like to know for future information

2. OnixRevolution

OnixRevolution New Member

I dont think a 29 gallon is going to be big enough for 2 Yellows. They get to be about 6" long.

3. lil shant

lil shant New Member

can u tell me what cichlid i can keep in a 29

4. gravity

gravity New Member

You can keep brichardi in a 29g tank, or you could keep a colony of shelldwellers, or you could put some julidochromis in a 29g also. All 3 of these options should pretty much be for a species tank considering it's not a very big set up. Otherwise you'd have to have different areas of the tank for each species, which would then be divided further when the fish divide individual territories. In small tanks, there's just not enough room.

Shelldwellers are a little harder to find, but you can actually keep a trio (1 male, 2 female) in a 10 gallon tank if you set it up right.

I have actually seen yellows in a 29g, but the dude who had that set up had been keeping fish for years AND had a very, very nice rockscape as well as extra filtration.