1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

aggresive cichlids

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by red devil, May 12, 2004.

?

most aggresive cichlid

Poll closed Jun 11, 2004.
  1. oscar

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. red devil

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. convict

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. jewel fish

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. magunese

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. jack dempsey

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. texas cichlid

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. other

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. red devil

red devil New Member

what do you think is the most aggresive cichlid?

2. grnlemonade

grnlemonade New Member

my vote for other would have to go for a flower-horn. those things are not afraid of anything, no matter the size.

3. J_acon

J_acon New Member

Not a clue :oops: Don't have cichlids YET

4. red devil

red devil New Member

Just bumping this up i want to get as many votes in as possible.

5. Fin_Rot

Fin_Rot New Member

I said oscar because a friend of mine had one and it bit her... alot.

6. lotsapets

lotsapets New Member

I had two Oscars and one was extremely friendly but if you put your fingers in the tank he would mistake them for something to eat. I used to feed him from my fingers so I don't blame him. Zac was my other Oscar he was more timid but he was fine with me. Oscars have such character but they died of Hole-in-the-head and Velvet. They say that Oscars are one of the least aggressive cichlids.

7. Fish Addict

Fish Addict New Member

hmm ocsar will live along time if you take care of them properly

8. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

My african cichlids actually try to bite me more often than my oscars (good thing they're only 4").

-Chelle

9. raghu_gg

raghu_gg New Member

I have never seen a fish as aggressive as a Red Devil which tore apart an oscar when the oscar was of the size of 4-5" and the red devil was of the same size.
    So my red devil stays alone in my friend's 100G tank. which often now bites him while cleaning the tank.