1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Aggressive Guppy?

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by Obelix, Sep 6, 2004.

1. Obelix

Obelix New Member

My 10 gallon tank for the last few weeks has just been stocked with the survivors of the ich seige I went through so over 5 or 6 days Ive removed all the fish and today I got 10 neon tetras but to my surprise my male guppy got very aggressive and nippy, Now I've never had a mean guppy before so does anyone know whats up? I removed the guppy so now I think i'll keep it as it is, 10 Neons and 2 Cories. Its just so bizarre to see an aggressive guppy.

2. OneWolvesDream

OneWolvesDream New Member

Very weird, though i guess it can happen, i have had a nice platy go evil on me before, it didnt last long though, it seemed to sort itself out.

3. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

I had a female guppy that would give birth then within a couple of days kill the male. You probably just have an aggressive guppy.

-Chelle

4. Obelix

Obelix New Member

:shock: Thanks for the advice, The evil guppy now has a 3 gallon all to himself. :p

5. M_wm

M_wm New Member

:0009: :0023:

6. OneWolvesDream

OneWolvesDream New Member

lol, just be sure to watch the ammonia levels in tanks 3 gal and under, my 2.5 gal with lots of water changes had a major ammonia prob. i found out to late.

7. Obelix

Obelix New Member

Lol hes come rather close to deep 6'n it a few times so I cant say I'd be crushed if he were to pass on.