1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Agility

Discussion in 'Dogs - all breeds / types' started by Trixiepoo, Sep 27, 2004.

1. Trixiepoo

Trixiepoo New Member

I think I might sign Trixie up for an "obility class" It's an obediance/agility class. Here is the website http://www.fit-n-trimdogagility.netfirms.com/Classes.htm Tell me if you think it is a reasonable price and sounds like a good idea. Does anyone else take agility classes? How is it if you do?

2. puttin510

puttin510 New Member

Nope not us, anybody do agility out there.

3. PooGirl13

PooGirl13 New Member

Not here.. our girls are starting obedience class in a few weeks and they do offer agility classes also. I've often told my husband that Emma would be a wonderful candidate for an agility class, I think she'd do very well!!

Based on what I've seen for prices here, those look reasonable to me.

4. ilovemaltipoos

ilovemaltipoos New Member

Based on my exprience and what I have seen out there ,those are about as good a price as any ..

5. charmedagain

charmedagain New Member

Hi i do all my own training and obedience.
    But i guess those are reasonable prices sure someone else can shed abit more light on this..

Mike

6. lil96

lil96 New Member

I really wanted to get Luther to do agility, but he is horribly afraid of that stuff. I think Jamiya might do agility, but I am not sure.

7. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

Yes, I do agility with Nala. We pay $90 for 6 weeks, so your prices look about right.

I enjoy the agility work. It's a lot more interesting than just obedience, in my opinion. You have to have some basic off-leash control to do agility, but if my crazy moose-dog Nala can do it, probably most dogs can. :) I keep a leash on her between runs and she runs with a Halti on most of the time. As her obedience firms up, I can leave her in a stay and walk the course, and most of the time she stays now.

I'd like to put Bonnie in agility, because I hear it is a GREAT confidence builder for shy dogs. I am thinking I will find a different place to try it with her, though. I like the place I go now, but Bonnie is a different kind of dog than Nala. Bonnie will need to go very slowly and not be forced over things she is afraid of. My trainer does tend to "force" dogs over things after a few weeks, and while it was fine for Nala I'm afraid it would harm Bonnie.

8. Dukesdad

Dukesdad New Member

I just paid $100 for an 8 week obedience class at PetsMart for Freckles. I am now planning to move on to agility. Courses here run around $100 for six weeks. but I haven't

9. Trixiepoo

Trixiepoo New Member

O ok thanx 4 the info I thought it would be funner if I got her into an obediance class/agility class also because I wanted to get her into agility too. I emailed them about the class but they have written back yet so hopefully it will work out :lol:

10. PooGirl13

PooGirl13 New Member

Good luck! Keep us posted!