1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

AHHH FISH HELP please help...

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by greatfalls, May 29, 2004.

1. greatfalls

greatfalls New Member

I've been watchind my fish lately and have seen my male marble molly tail is like being riped apart.I woke in the morning to find my molly siting at the bottom still alive but he looks reely bad.I feed him and came to eat but he had a hard time geting to the top of the tank and usely my fast funnest to watch got stuck in my filter I had to help him get out.HELP PLEASE FAST he is my first fish ever and have growen a bond with him sorta funny but I need help. The other fish in my tank is a female marble molly 2 small sword tails male female and three neouns.HELP PLEASE
    :cry: :cry:

2. beautfulmine

beautfulmine New Member

if it's not too late........ :?
    1. put some salt in it ( how big is your tank?)
    2. go buy some anti fungus , anti bacteria
    make sure you remove the carbon o,k :p
    he or she should be o,k oh how loing fish been sich do you know?
    they don't get sice overnight
    also tast the water...... if you don't have the tast kit go to local pet store they will tast for you if they do make sure they take time why they doing the water tast ....................... good lock :wink:

3. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

He's probably getting picked on by the other fish. First thing you need to do is separate him. If you have a cycled hospital tank, that would be good. Or you could put in a tank divider or put him in a little breeder/isolation box. Assuming it is just simple tears & bites, just make sure your water is clean (0 ammonia & nitrIte, and <20 nitrAte) and add some Melafix and the fins should heal.

A bacterial infection is another possibility. Do the fins look reddish or have white along the edges?

-Chelle

4. iryna

iryna Guest

I actually replied to your inquiry "20 gallon tank", but it looks like you ran into some trouble after posting that. Unfortunately mollies have a very high death rate, if there's anyting at all wrong with your water - they'll be the first to go, then the swordtails and platys. I didn't find that our from the article either for I too like those fish, they are so pretty and well behaved. One thing you need for the gentle fish like that to survive is a totally professional tank with a powerful filter, proper airation, uv light. I I confess - I never cycle my tank properly (too impatient), fish usually goes right in after I fill the tank up with tap water and add some water conditioner to remove chlorine. But then again - I don't have mollies or swordtails either. They became out of the question after about 5 attempts. This isn't advice for now, only for the future. The above posts cover possible remedies for the problem you have now. I wish you good luck and please don't dispair!

5. greatfalls

greatfalls New Member

Thanks for all the help I put him in the hospital tank and died that day :cry: :cry: thanks for all the help and advice. :cry:

6. 3_second_memory

3_second_memory New Member

its probobly the neons that are doing the tail nipping to your molly. it will make him stressed.

melafix is a good natural treatment to help heal fins and wounds, but the tail will heal itself.