1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

AHHH! GRAVEL VACUM! HELP!

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by Trickster, Apr 22, 2005.

1. Trickster

Trickster New Member

I cant get the bloody gravel vacum working. I did it liked they showed me at the store, then i did it like on the instructions after that dint work. I CANT GET IT TO WORK! HELP ME!

2. Hooben

Hooben New Member

You must stick every part of the gravel vaccuum under the water. That is a little difficult to do with a ten gallon tank...small. Once the entire gravel vac and tubing is submerged, get all the air bubbles out of the tubing and plug up the end of the hose with your finger. Get the hose and place it in the bucket. Pull you finger off the hose and you should have a water flow. You will find it difficult to gravel vac with ghost shrimp around, so I would be very careful not to get any caught up in the tube.
    Hey, good luck.

3. hooterhead

hooterhead New Member

or just suck on the hose with the big end in the water. right before it gets to your mouth, stick it in the bucket. make sure that your bucket is below your tank. it won't work unless it is.

tank

bucket

4. Trickster

Trickster New Member

5. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

What I do is put the end of the hose out the window (or into a bucket). Completely submerge the large end of the vac then lift it straight up with the open end facing up. The water should start draining out of it. When it's about 1/2 way down, I submerge it again with the open end still facing up. I don't know if that makes any sense. I might try to get a video of it the next time I clean tanks.

-Chelle

6. Trickster

Trickster New Member

Thats how they showed me at the store, i tried 3 diffrent ways, Urs (Window) the sucking one and the sumbmerge entire hose
    Its a 10 gallon and the smallest Vacum there is. IM changing my plans and getting a 10 gallon with 4 African Dwarf Frogs, Should i still use vacum?

7. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

Yes, you still need to vac. I'm cleaning tanks tomorrow so I'll try to make a video of how I get mine started.

-Chelle

8. Trickster

Trickster New Member