1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

ahhhhh, grasshoppa..

Discussion in 'Cats - all breeds / types' started by karen_80, Sep 7, 2004.

1. karen_80

karen_80 New Member

Okay. So Tigger, Molly and Simon are all intently watching something on the carpet....sticking the occasional paw out to knock it around, and I go to see what it is. A grasshopper. Tell me how a grasshopper can get onto the third story of an apartment building?!

Puck lays in his box, all 18 lbs looking at them with disdain as they're so eager to play with this...bug. Don't they know it's beneath them?

Do I let them play with it, resulting in the grasshopper's untimely and painful death, or grab the poor soul and put him outside??

Molly ever so delicately taps it and then pulls her dainty paw away in disgust, while Tigger seizes an opening and knocks it into the kitchen. Simon runs over, sniffs it, and knocks it back to the living room, where it crawls underneath the rocking chair. The poor grasshopper is fighting for his life, trying to edge further underneath the rocker where they can't reach him. Goliath meows out on the balcony and the others run to see what he's saying or if maybe the Treat Truck crashed again, spilling Temptations all over the carpet.

The grasshopper seizes the opportunity and makes a dash for the freedom of the balcony door, smelling the fresh air and thinking what a great story he'll have to tell his friends, and then
    "WHAM!"
    Simon's paw comes crashing down.

The last thing the grasshopper sees is a pink nose and a gaping maw, before he's crunched into little tiny bits by a set of very sharp yearling teeth.

UGH. That's so gross!!!! Why can they never wait until AFTER lunch to eat bugs and such? :-&

2. EternalFlame

EternalFlame New Member

:lol: how descriptive and fun that story was lol

actually Grasshoppers---All insects can fly. hehe it prolly flew in.

poor u i can still imagine the crunching sound *chuckles*

3. nern

nern New Member

Yuck! :0024:

4. vene

vene New Member

Poor grasshopper! :cry:

5. FMgurl43

FMgurl43 New Member

yea my son likes to bring in grasshoppers, frogs, lizards etc... and the next thing u know the cats have them....chyanne is so easy w/ them and never kills them just plays w/ them and then holds them in her mouth and crys really loud till i come see what she has then she will drop it to the ground and slap it one more time and then want lovin.. sassys the same way.. but now the 2 boys garfeild and simba they will attack even when its dead and then sometimes eat it whole...its nasty....now right after hurricane charley hit and we had the windows open there were some holes in the screen from the strom w/ crap hitting them and ripping holes in them well my cats took atvantage of this and would make the holes bigger to go catch that lovely looking lizard outside teasing them....needeless to say i had 3 dead frogs in my bed one night when i went to lay down one w/ its legs missing one w/ the head gone and the other didnt even look like a frog anymore... it was nasty i would of loved to catch whoever brought me the loevly presents.. probably garfeild!!!!!