1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Alittle Update about the rescues

Discussion in 'Horses - all breeds / types' started by CockatielCrazy87, Dec 9, 2004.

1. CockatielCrazy87

CockatielCrazy87 New Member

Well i just figured i would update on the newbies since i have a break here for today lol. Well both the Mustangs are doing great actually. Its been snowing here so I havent gotten to take either Aragorn or Venus on a trail but we're working more in the indoor. Im doing lighter riding with Venus simply because she is prego and its starting to show a bit more. She and i just chill around walking barrels and just having fun for the most part. i call her my special girl and she seems to perk up everytime that name is used on her lol. Aragorn is my star right now a few days ago I started really working him around the barrels at a full on gallop and he did wonderful!!!!!!!! He listened great did everything I asked right when i asked it and just did nicely. He and I chill around too I notice his muscles getting more pronounced and out threw all this work lol ( he's looking studdley lol). Both are super energetic but well behaved for the most part and both are actually chilling in the main pasture during they day with the others ( yay a break through lol).

Hurricane is doing pretty good. He's getting big lol but if staying in line as far as bad behavior goes.He's always worn a halter but hasent used a lead until today. He was kinda like a puppy when you very first put them on a leash he freaked a bit. But no babying was done I had Skittles in my other in hand and just proceeded to lead her away he fought it still trying to rear but i had a tight grip on the rope and kept holiding it tight so he could'nt get so much as a toe off the ground lol. I eventully found it too muc han took him in the arena for his first join up. He seemed a bit confused and hurt about the way i sent him around but he had to do it or he would never work well for me. It did'nt tkae him to long to come to me and I hooked the lead on and led him around a bit and ended it on a good note. he also has a new nanny since he's kina out growing little old Skittles.And so we brought in Pepper anouther older mare who has had foals in the past. But he bonded so closely with Skittles he hates to be away from her so now our front pasture is occupied by Hurricane ( who follows Skittles around still like he used to as if she were his mother) Skittles, Pepper ( who Hurricane only pays attention to when he's hungry), and Sydney who keeps keeps a watch full eye out on Hurricane and grooms him every other hour. He is a good little foal though and absolutly loves people comes trotting right up when he hears me whistles and spends time with me playing in the Arena or me grooming him and messing with him to make him more comfortable around people.

so yeah theres my long update lol. Im just so happy now because i have this feeling that all three of them will make wonderful horses for some people some day.