1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

All the millions of points of a siamese?

Discussion in 'Cats - all breeds / types' started by shnen, Dec 21, 2005.

1. shnen

shnen New Member

So I have been doing some research trying to find out the exact breed of my ever beloved Cinnamon that I adoped last February.

So Chocolate Point, lilac point, blue seal point, seal point, lynx point.... oh my goodness and the list seems to get longer as the days get shorter!

Can someone explain the difference or what makes a point a point?
    why is a blue point a blue point and not a blue lynx point?

I hope someone understands the frustration in this! ;)

Thanks!

2. Mary_NH

Mary_NH New Member

an easy way to tell is by looking at the paw pads.
    bluepoint generally have greyish paw pads while lilac points will be pink
    sealpoints will have dark paw pads while chocolate point will be pink
    lynx points will have stripes on their bodies.
    I'll find some pictures to share

3. Mary_NH

Mary_NH New Member

4. shnen

shnen New Member

thanks for the info - So I am a bit confused - mine has the markings link a seal and lynx points, but she doesn't look like a siamese at all, only where she has colour is in the same places as a siamese...

Are all siamese thin faced?

5. Mary_NH

Mary_NH New Member

there are wedge headed (modern), and 2 forms of applehead. One being classic which is rounder but on the wedge side, other is traditional and rounded. I once one of each classic and traditional.
    Can you post a picture?

6. shnen

shnen New Member

7. Mary_NH

Mary_NH New Member

the links don't work for me

8. eman

eman New Member

i cant see the links either... :?

9. shnen

shnen New Member

10. Mary_NH

Mary_NH New Member

traditional aka applehead, lynxpoint.
    I can share her picture on a siamese cat board for confirmation if you wish - but I think that's what she is

11. shnen

shnen New Member

if its no trouble then I'd appreceiate it :) if not then thats ok :)

So she's still a siamese? thats the part that I understood due to where her markings are - but she didn't have the facial structure of one.

I still can't believe she was a stray tho. (not that I am complaining :) )

12. Mary_NH

Mary_NH New Member

Siamese aren't safe from being dumped than any other cat out there :cry:
    my first foster for Siamese Rescue, Tony, was a lovely loving sweet 2 year unneutered sealpoint. Oh how I adored that cat.
    He was found wandering the streets of Salem, MA with a burned back, claws so long they were puncturing his paw pads, broken tail tip, a URI so bad he was sneezing bloody snot at my walls, and coccadia - but he remained so loving it was amazing. He was neutered at the shelter that took him in then shipped up to me.
    I wanted to adopt that cat so badly but couldn't adopt our first fosters.
    No idea how he managed to be wandering the streets but from his loving nature I think the poor fella got lost somewhere along the line.
    He was with me a month before he got adopted and I heard from his meowmy just this week - he is now a much loved much spoiled kitty.
    Many of the cats Siamese Rescue takes in are dumped, left to fend for themselves on the streets or in the woods.
    Just like others....it's so sad.

13. footsie

footsie New Member

I don't know much about breeds, but she doesn't look like a siamese to me.

She's got that tabby-M on her head, which is pretty much the anti siamese feature isn't it?

My guess is she's a mix, siamese and maybe domestic short hair.

14. shnen

shnen New Member

Hi footsie - I know what you mean - but yes she is a siamese. i never knew that till I took her to the vet to get a checkup after I adopted her.

My confusion rests on the millions of types of siamese out there.
    The M marking on her forehead means she's a Lynx point. Where her markings exist and the colouring of her means she is siamese.

the head threw me off too!