1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Alternative to millet spray

Discussion in 'Birds - all breeds / types' started by drab911, Mar 19, 2005.

1. drab911

drab911 New Member

Hey everyone!!
    Well I am sick of the damn millet spray.. makes such a mess no matter how you put it hehe.. I was wondering if there is a treat that the birds will like just as much as the millet spray but wont make such a damn mess... are those sticky bell ball things good?? And how about whole wheat bread..
    Thanks for any help...
    HAPPY ST PATRICKS DAY!

2. Aqueous

Aqueous New Member

Sometimes my birds get honey sticks. You may want to try those. I find not as much of a mess and it takes them longer to eat it unlike the millet spray that's gone in under a minute.

3. charmedagain

charmedagain New Member

I agree the honey sticks or bells or even the fruit ones are great for the birds and take a little longer to eat saying that mine can demolish one in less than 5minutes as they love them.

Thats the only problem with millet spray its the mess i hoover out the bottom of the cages when they have millet that way the rest of the husks do not fly everywhere.

Mike

4. Used

Used New Member

My parakeets love honey bars and millet spray.

5. mchat

mchat New Member

Hi,
    I've found my cockatiels are quiet happy getting snow peas and apple every now and then as well as a bit of a treat.

Mel.