1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Ammonia Burn ? ?

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by Trickster, Jun 15, 2005.

1. Trickster

Trickster New Member

Well my molly has some white spots on her, special near her back. her fins have developed litttle patches where it lost its color, its looks like its external, i wana make sure it is ammonia burn, not some disease.

Anyone got pictures of ammonia burned fish? So i can compare. And is there anything else that this could be?

2. Nameless

Nameless New Member

3. Trickster

Trickster New Member

Aient ammonia burn supposed to be white?

4. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

No. Ammonia burn is usually brown or black or just a darker patch (like dark blue on a light blue fish).

Are the white patches fuzzy? Can you post a pic?

-Chelle

5. Nameless

Nameless New Member

Possibly it could be Ick or a sign of fin rot, but as t_chelle16 stated, it is best to see a picture is possible first to make sure of what it realy is.

6. Trickster

Trickster New Member

It does look slightly fuzzy, but the molly is the only one affected....

7. Nameless

Nameless New Member

From what I heard mollies contract/pick up diseases a bit easier than other fish. I think a lot of it has to do with the pH and whether there is enough salt in your tank. However, you will have to wait from another more experienced member like t_chelle16 to answer that more accurately and better than I am able to answer.

8. Trickster

Trickster New Member

I dont have any salt and my ph is 7.6

9. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

Duh! I forgot to ask the obvious question. What are your readings for ammonia, nitrIte, and nitrAte?

-Chelle

10. Trickster

Trickster New Member

Heck if i knew those readings i would tell u right away, i dont got the test kits.

11. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

You really need them.

-Chelle

12. Fish Addict

Fish Addict New Member

go to your local pet store and get them to test your water and get them to write the numbers down

13. OnixRevolution

OnixRevolution New Member

Its probably Ick. My black molly got it. You can ask your local pet store and explain whats going on with your fish, or look it up on the internet. there some stuff, quICK cure that I got. Good stuff.

14. OnixRevolution

OnixRevolution New Member

15. Trickster

Trickster New Member

That site dont help much because it only has words, no pictures so i cant compare. mine dont look like he got salt on her, it looks like the back end is loosing the color, also on the top fin, the other fins (anal fin etc..) are all normal, her front is normal just the back has turned pale and white in some areas, she acts normal, eats normal, does everything normal and she is the only one that is affected.

Could this be a natural thing with sunset mollys?

16. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

It could be a sign of stress (most fish will get pale when they're stressed). Since you have no idea what your water parameters are, you might want to do water changes at least every other day just in case.

-Chelle

17. Trickster

Trickster New Member

Its like that 24/7

18. Nameless

Nameless New Member

I would od what fish addict and tchelle said, I would do water changes, until you get a moment to go to the lfs to get your water readings.