1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

An email forward I got: "Why we are at war."

Discussion in 'Dogs - Pit bull breeds specific' started by spencerpits, Oct 5, 2004.

1. spencerpits

spencerpits New Member

My grandmother forwarded the following email to me. It's not pit bull related, and I'm not out to offend anyone; it moved me and I wanted to share it.

"Whether you agree or not, this is a pretty interesting analogy. I received this the other day. It pretty much sums up the Iraqi war issue.

Why we are at War:
    Some of you may not approve of the Iraqi war, and I hope this email doesn't offend anyone, but it's the BEST explanation for the war that I've ever read, and I feel I must pass it on. This is the BEST explanation of WHY we are AMERICA, the Land of the FREE and the Home of the BRAVE!! Please read on ......

The other day, my nine year old son wanted to know why we were at war. My husband looked at our son and then looked at me. My husband and I were in the Army during the Gulf War and we would be honored to serve and defend our country again today. I knew that my husband would give him a good explanation. My husband thought for a few minutes and then told my son to go stand in our front living room window. He told him: "Son, stand there and tell me what you see?"
    "I see trees and cars and our neighbors' houses," he replied.
    "OK, now I want you to pretend that our house and our yard is the United States of America and you are President Bush."
    Our son giggled and said "OK."
    "Now son, I want you to look out the window and pretend that every house and yard on this block is a different country" my husband said.
    "OK Dad, I'm pretending."
    "Now I want you to stand there and look out the window and see that man come out of his house with his wife and he has her by the hair and is hitting her. You see her bleeding and crying. He hits her in the face, he throws her on the ground, and then he starts to kick her to death. Their children run out and are afraid to stop him, they are crying, they are watching this but do nothing because they are kids and afraid of their father. You see all of this son.... what do you do?"
    "Dad?"
    "What do you do son?"
    "I call the police, Dad."
    "OK. Pretend that the police are the United Nations and they take your call, listen to what you know and saw but they refuse to help. What do you do then son?"
    "Dad, but the police are supposed to help!" My son starts to whine.
    "They don't want to son, because they say that it is not their place or your place to get involved and that you should stay out of it," my husband says.
    "But Dad...he killed her!!" my son exclaims.
    "I know he did...but the police tell you to stay out of it. Now I want you to look out that window and pretend you see our neighbor who you're pretending is Saddam turn around and do the same thing to his children."
    "Daddy...he kills them?"
    "Yes, son, he does. What do you do?"
    "Well, if the police don't want to help, I will go and ask my next door neighbor to help me stop him," our son says.
    "Son, our next door neighbor sees what is happening and refuses to get involved as well. He refuses to open the door and help you stop him,"my husband says.
    "But Dad, I NEED help!!! I can't stop him by myself!!"
    "WHAT DO YOU DO SON?" Our son starts to cry.
    "OK, no one wants to help you, the man across the street saw you ask for help and saw that no one would help you stop him. He stands taller and puffs out his chest. Guess what he does next son?"
    "What Daddy?"
    "He walks across the street to the old lady's house and breaks down her door and drags her out, steals all her stuff and sets her house on fire
    and then..he kills her. He turns around and sees you standing in he window and laughs at you. WHAT DO YOU DO?"
    "Daddy..."
    "WHAT DO YOU DO?"
    Our son is crying and he looks down and he whispers, "I close the blinds, Daddy."
    My husband looks at our son with tears in his eyes and asks him..."Why?"
    "Because Daddy...the police are supposed to help...people who need it...and they won't help...You always say that neighbors are supposed to HELP neighbors, but they won't help either...they won't help me stop him...I'm afraid...I can't do it by myself...Daddy...I can't look out my window and just watch him do all these terrible things and...and...do nothing...so...I'm just going to close the blinds...so I can't see what he's doing...and I'm going to pretend that it is not happening."
    I start to cry. My husband looks at our nine year old son standing in the
    window, looking pitiful and ashamed at his answers to my husband's questions and he tells him..."Son"
    "Yes, Daddy."
    "Open the blinds because that man...he's at your front door..."WHAT DO YOU DO?"
    My son looks at his father, anger and defiance in his eyes. He balls up his tiny fists and looks his father square in the eyes, without hesitation he says: "I DEFEND MY FAMILY DAD!! I'M NOT GONNA LET HIM HURT MOMMY OR MY SISTER, DAD!!! I'M GONNA FIGHT HIM, DAD, I'M GONNA FIGHT HIM!!!!!"
    I see a tear roll down my husband's cheek and he grabs my son to his chest and hugs him tight, and cries..."It's too late to fight him, he's too strong and he's already at YOUR front door son...you should have stopped him BEFORE he killed his wife. You have to do what's right, even if you have to do it alone, before...it's too late." my husband whispers.
    THAT scenario I just gave you is WHY we are at war with Iraq. When good men stand by and let evil happen is the greatest EVIL of all. Our President is doing what is right. We, as a free nation, must understand that this war is a war of humanity. WE must remove evil men from power so that we can continue to live in a free world where we are not afraid to look out our window. So that my nine year old son won't grow up in a world where he feels that if he just "closes" the blinds the atrocities in the world won't affect him.
    "YOU MUST NEVER BE AFRAID TO DO WHAT IS RIGHT EVEN IF YOU HAVE TO DO IT ALONE!" BE PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN! BE PROUD OF OUR PRESIDENT! BE PROUD OF OUR TROOPS!! SUPPORT THEM!!! SUPPORT AMERICA!! SO THAT IN THE FUTURE OUR CHILDREN WILL NEVER HAVE TO CLOSE THEIR BLINDS...."
    "The liberty we prize is not American's gift to the world; it is God's gift to humanity." George W. Bush

2. Angie

Angie New Member

That was a great post.
    How many people think that if we did not go to war, that war would have came to us?
    spencerpits, are you going to vote?
    I am not but I don't think its right to change presidents in the middle of a war.

3. spencerpits

spencerpits New Member

That email actually made me cry a little - and made me think a lot. That's why I wanted to post it. I do plan to vote, and while I don't care to ever get into political or religous debates (I hope this doesn't start one), I agree that we should not change presidents.

If you don't mind: why don't you plan to vote?

4. Angie

Angie New Member

Because I will be at work that day.

5. spencerpits

spencerpits New Member

6. Sara

Sara New Member

If you don't beleive you should change presidents in the middle of a war then you should very well vote if you can... I bet your work place would let you have some time off to go place your vote if you can't get an absentee ballot...

I for sure will vote. My BF and I have differing oppinions...I voted for Bush last election and because I don't think we should change Presidents in the middle of a war I'm going to vote for him again...I would rather not vote honestly...but keeping ONE president in office through a war is my priority and duty as an american citizen...My duty is to vote for what I want...to get what I want...so I WILL vote...and you should too...

BOTH sides need to vote to get an accurate outcome of what the country wants...

7. Angie

Angie New Member

I dont know anything about voting or an absentee ballot. I never voted before. I dont really know much at all. Just that I dont want a different president.
    To me, Kerry seems to think that being a president is so easy and he will have this done and he will have that done in this little amount of time. I think if it were that easy then Bush would have it done already. I think he (Kerry) would be too quick to jump at something and not really think about what the outcome would be.
    So what if Bush takes his time to answer a question, maybe he actually thinks before he speaks.
    Kerry said something about maybe he was tired that day when he went against the funding for Iraq or military or whatever it was...
    That is not an excuse. When you are president, you cant make bad decisions because you are tired.

8. True_Pits

True_Pits New Member

I think it was a good post and point, except I wouldnt have done all that to a 9 year old. I'm not sure who to really vote for, I feel the same way, I don't want to change presidents in the middle of a war, so I guess that would be voting for Bush. I really don't like either Bush or Kerry.

9. Angie

Angie New Member

Isnt Kerry for abortion?

I can't vote anyway, I missed the deadline to register.

But I would have voted Bush.

10. True_Pits

True_Pits New Member

Probably so he's a democrat

11. GinaH

GinaH New Member

Angie In my opinion any able person should vote. Your job has to allow you 30 minutes to 1 hour to vote.
    That was a very interesting email. I could sit here all day and dispute many of the points which were brought up but I won't. I get enough of that at home. My husband and I have political discussions (Arguments) on a daily basis. I most definitely will be voting.
    Here are few brief facts about both candidates.
    Kerry is for abortion and he has said he will approve federal funding for family planning groups that offer abortion counseling (In other words we taxpayers will help pay for a woman to have an abortion.) He has also said he will approve 3.7 million immigration applicants. (as if this country needs more citizens.) Bush signed into law the 400$ billion expansion of the medicare plan to help seniors pay for prescription drugs. Kerry voted against the 2003 Medicare Expansion bill. (To hell with our seniors) In 2002 Kerry voted in favor of invading Iraq. But now since it's election time and the war is not favorable his opinions have changed. So much that he actually made the statement that Saddam should have remained in power. (Uh Ok)
    Have you guys seen the commercial put out about Kerry by the Bush campaign? It shows Kerry wind surfing swaying back and fourth in the wind. And the narrator says "John Kerry which ever way the wind blows."
    Now to president Bush. We have now lost 1000 of our troops and 6,200 have been injured. AND still NO weapons of mass destruction have been found? War was declared over in May 2003 but yet are commitment to Iraq continues? We still have 138,000 US soldiers in or around Iraq. When our Homeland Security was lacking bush Bush signed the USA Patriot Act which has been very effective. But in my personal opinion it violates our rights. For example if you or I are accused of a serious crime the government has the right to look at any business or personal records without consent.

12. Angie

Angie New Member

:|

13. Sara

Sara New Member

You can register at the voting place when you go to vote. You go to the place...say I am not registered and there is no reason you should not be allowed to register there. You can Register WHEN you vote... I remember I did it back when I first voted... FIND out before you passively sit by and stay SILENT...

Great run down of each of the candidates... I'd rather neither as well but I won't even make a based on what they are saying because they both just want the vote at this point... I am making my decision purely on the grounds that I do not beleive we should change presidents in the middle of the war...so...my vote will be cast that way... Hopefully next year things will be better for ALL of us.

14. spencerpits

spencerpits New Member

I didn't realize that you could register the day you vote - awesome news - Angie, get your butt out there and voice your opinion (no offense...lol).

15. Angie

Angie New Member

I was told that the last day to register was yesterday but I'll see what I can find out. Im not taking off of work just to go there and find out that I can't vote.

16. kyles101

kyles101 New Member

you should put in your rundown that bush is against the research into cures of debilitating diseases.

anyone who is against stem cell research is against me on a personal level.