1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

an question on doves

Discussion in 'Birds - all breeds / types' started by michel, Aug 5, 2005.

1. michel

michel New Member

there is a dove in my backyard it allready made a nest and it has two babys inside she had three eggs one fell and broke and two hatched but i 2 days ago i found out the mom dove is not coming back to feed them they look like they r weak can u tell if i should go near try to do some thing or not and should i touch them or not can u plz help

2. Aqueous

Aqueous New Member

Maybe call and see if there is a wild animal rehab center that will take them.

3. michel

michel New Member

about the same dove

ya but can u tell me if i can take care of them someway and more info

4. lil shant

lil shant New Member

i think if u can take care of a freshwater aquarium u cna take care of them if u cant take care of a freshwater aquarium get someone to take them to the rehab center in modesto u live close by it

5. michel

michel New Member

abour that same dove

ya i got a fresh water tank but iam trying to get a oscar in a 1 gallon idk iam thinking about it cuz this guy did it idk so ya

6. charmedagain

charmedagain New Member

How long has it been since the parents been back to the nest if longer than 24-48hours then you will need to help if these birds are to survive.

Handfeeding young birds is like feeding lets say a cockatiel that has been bred in the home.

You will need some baby bird formula i use EMP or CeDe egg food which is designed for handfeeding and weaning of baby birds.
    You will also need a syringe without a needle or a small plastic spoon.
    Also a thermometer.
    Follow the instructions on the packet for mixing the formula make sure it is kept at body temp.

You will also need to keep the chicks warm so a hotwater bottle or heated blanket and a box or tank to keep them in while not being fed.

Depending on there age they will need to be fed every couple of hours around the clock.

here is a link which i hope will help.
    I would recommend getting intouch a bird sanctuary and let them know the situation chances are they will send someone out to collect the birds and they will raise them and release them back into the wild.

http://www.toolady.com/articles/handfeeding.htm

Mike

7. Shineillusion

Shineillusion New Member

In some states it is against the law to harbor native song birds so the only real choice you have is to call a wild life rehab center.