1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

An unwell African grey ....

Discussion in 'Birds - all breeds / types' started by Val Sehmi, Jan 20, 2005.

1. Val Sehmi

Val Sehmi New Member

My beloved African Grey is quite unwell. But what I can't figure out is whether her behaviour is because she is about to lay an egg or is something more serious? She is withdrawn and sleeps alot and has frequent sticky droppings. She has also lost her appetite. She seems to be squatting too. I own a pair male and female. She has laid eggs before (infertile) and has had the same symptoms but this time she's been like this for about 4 days. Can anybody advise me on this.

2. charmedagain

charmedagain New Member

Take her to an avian vet ASAp as it sounds like egg binding this is fatal if not treated straight away.

Does she have cuttlefish bone, Mineral block in her cage as birds need these all the time the cuttlefish puts extra calcium in her body which she needs when laying eggs...

Mike