1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Angel Fish, Disease?

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by OneWolvesDream, Dec 1, 2004.

1. OneWolvesDream

OneWolvesDream New Member

My angel fish currantly has a white patch on her and i was wondering if anyone knew what it might be? Her behavior is normal, her colors are as they usually are but the white patch is making all the scales around the infected area look sickly. Does anybody have an idea of what this might be? My levels are perfect and the tank is clean, i havnt had any deaseses with my fish in awhile now.

2. tski22

tski22 New Member

Hi One, How big is the white spot? When did you first notice it? and is your angelfish eating properly, and what is it eating? I've never heard of only one large infected spot before. -tl

3. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

Is it fuzzy or just a discolored patch?

Can you post a pic?

-Chelle

4. OneWolvesDream

I cant seem to get a clear picture of it at this time. It is about 1/2 a inch round, i have done some reasearch and all diseases i have found dont match it. It seems to be a white odd substance. It is around/between/covering the scales on her. She is eating fine and all behavior is just fine.

5. 3_second_memory

3_second_memory New Member

well, it doesnt seem to be effecting your angel too much but we will try and help. My molly grew a tumar and it disapeared, then came back and he died. and he acted fine, and there was no treatment, so i guess it maybe a uncommen disease, i just hope your angel is doing well, and hopefully some info could be found.

Take care,

Amy.

6. 3_second_memory

how about a fungos, it isnt cotton like the cotton mouth desease is it, but just on the back?

7. 3_second_memory

or is it goes red it could be a virus, - anti internal bacteria desease treatment, because the desease might be in its body? if anything, that treatment cant hinder the healing process, and will protect your other fish. sorry, ill stop posting, just ideas.

8. OneWolvesDream

I know that it isnt cotton diseases or any of those film diseases. I have gone trough almost all of the diseases such as these and this one is very different. I have been looking it up and so far no luck, i think it might be rare. She is still fine. It is a white color, it kinda looks like white toothpast but not as thick. It seems to be getting a bit better but it is still there. It is all between her scales not that much on them, just a small cover on the scales. Her colors havnt changed, she still eats though she dosnt pester the other fish as much as she had, usually she chases my small patties because they are all over the place. I havnt gotten any other new fish in almost 1/2 a year because of my platy over population which im still fighting because ALL my females are pregnant.

Has anybody thought of any other possible diseases? I really cant figure this one out, i have never seen or read about it before.