1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Another Rescue Remedy rave

Discussion in 'Cats - all breeds / types' started by nern, Mar 6, 2006.

1. nern

nern New Member

Richie has had to go to the vet numerous times in the not too far off past because of his eye and each time I dreaded it because he would frantically throw himself around in the crate, bashing his face hard against the metal bars.

Back in June, I had to take him to the ophthalmologist but this time, prior to putting him in the carrier, I squirted a few drops of Rescue Remedy into his mouth and he did'nt throw himself around in the carrier at all! He was still clearly very stiff and frightened but at least not injuring himself.
    At that point, I figured the RR made all the difference but could'nt be sure if it was really the RR or just the fact that he was getting used to the carrier because of all these trips to the vet.

Well, last month I took him in for his annual check up and gave him RR before putting him in the carrier - no throwing himself around. The vet thought he should see the ophthalmologist again so the following week I had my roommate take him there for me because I had to work. My roommate was unable to give him the RR beforehand and he resorted back to throwing himself around in the carrier....badly splitting several of his front claws open. Because I was worried about two of his nail beds becoming infected I took him back to the regular vet (his nails were badly shredded but not infected btw) to have them checked out a week after he had been to the ophthalmologist. I gave him RR before putting him in the carrier and he, again, did'nt throw himself around at all.

So 3 trips to the vet in 3 wks, RR given the 1st and 3rd time - no reaction, not given 2nd time - negative reaction.
    I think this stuff really makes a significant difference. :y_the_best:

The only thing it did'nt seem to help with was his urinating on himself in the carrier. He has done this twice (possibly he just had a very full bladder these two times) even with the RR. It kills me to know that he is so frightened that he loses control of his bladder. :(

2. lunaguy

lunaguy New Member

Fascinating! That's great to hear! I have heard many good things about RR, but have never given it a try. Glad it's working for you and Richie!

3. coppersmom

coppersmom New Member

Where do you get it??? :shock:

4. nern

nern New Member

I think you can order it online or you might be able to find it at a health food store....its used for people too. I got mine at a pet supply store in my area.

5. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

Wow. I might have to try that for Romeo. He's normally a pretty mellow cat and doesn't have problems in the carrier, but as soon as the vet tries to examine him, he turns into a tazmanian devil. It usually takes at least 2 vet techs to hold him down any time he has blood taken. And our vet doesn't even try to do a fecal or temperature any more. He's also been officially declared "unpillable."

-Chelle