1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

any advice about plants?

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by ajc3198ll, Jun 5, 2005.

1. ajc3198ll

ajc3198ll New Member

i've had a pretty, i dunno, established tank for quite some time. After much thought i decided i'd get rid of those plastic plants and go for the real thing. any advice on a simple plants, for the beginner plant raiser

2. drab911

drab911 New Member

I am a fish time fish tank owner.. I have had my tank for about 6 mnoths now... it is a 16 gallon tank with a 65 watt high output flourescent light on top it was $100. I have a heavily planted tank a yeast injected CO2 system, flourite gravel and a bunch of fish including platys, ADF, zebra danios and tetras... it is a perfect eco system my nitrates never rise above 15-20 and all other numbers stay low.. so I havnt had to do a water change yet and my water is crystal clear.. im sure i should be changing it more but i will soon hehe.. anyways real plants are a must in my opinion.. i enjoy looked at the plants more then the fish ahha
    anyways as long as you have a lot of light the right gravel and possibly some CO2 any plant is easy to grow cause they will do all the work.. if you try to grow with not enough light etc... you will just be frustred
    Good luck

3. ajc3198ll

ajc3198ll New Member

mucho gracias for the advice

thanks for the advice. 100 dollars is a little steep though, maybe i'll just get a sweet fish, ha.

merci beaucoup

4. Fish Addict

Fish Addict New Member

you can get low light plants like java moss