1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Any help with Luxating Patella?

Discussion in 'Dogs - all breeds / types' started by mindycougs, Sep 4, 2010.

1. mindycougs

mindycougs New Member

Hi Everyone -

I am looking for any advice on helping my friend's dog living with luxating patellas. I feel bad for the little guy.

Also, can anyone give any advice on living with three breasts. That advice is for me.

Thank you.

2. Mary_NH

Mary_NH New Member

living with 3 beasts? which kind? human or furred?
    luxating patella usually requires surgery. My former boss' dog had this and ended up with surgery. You have to limit stairs and getting off/on furniture, in/out of cars. I know it's not cheap to do the surgery (her dog one knee was about $1500!!!!!) but you really have to limit the jumping

3. wavesnbreezes

wavesnbreezes New Member

any help with luxating patella

My dog always had a Stage 1 luxating patella and fortunately, I found that glucosamine and chrondroitin is a great remedy for it.

I buy Happy Hips which are dehydrated chicken breasts with that in it. You can get them in Target for $6.49 a bag.

4. HDrydr

HDrydr New Member

I live with 3 cats and 1 dog and the newest addition is a wild green frog rescued from a sump pump well after everything had frozen trapping it...

So what are you having problems with?? need more information on the 3 beasts...

Hey Mary!!! Nice seeing you again....How's life been treating you???

5. APBTsRock

APBTsRock New Member

Re: any help with luxating patella

My SIL's Yorkie had luxating patellas as well. The Vet said surgery was needed but she put him on Gluc/Chron as well. It solved the problem and saved him from surgery. It does likely depend on the severity of the problem, also maybe the size of the dogs, but I would try supplements 1st then consider surgery if the problem persists.
    As for the issue with 3 breasts in the OP ... try google and see if there is another forum or information that would be more helpful.

6. Have you consulted the vet already? An operation is needed to correct the condition.