1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Any Papilon-cross owners out there?

Discussion in 'Dogs - small breeds (toy) specific' started by MicroMuttMom, Apr 16, 2004.

1. MicroMuttMom

MicroMuttMom New Member

Hi everybody,

I'm new to the board, which I discovered several weeks ago while researching prior to getting my puppy. I know this board is largely dedicated to Shih-poos, and I think they're awesome little dogs. In fact, I started out my puppy search looking for one of these sweeties, but then as fate would have it, I fell in love with Stella the Amazing Micro Mutt.

Stella's dad is a PB Papillon; her mom is a Pom/Shih Tzu cross. At 8 weeks of age, she weighs in at a whopping 2.5 lbs and I'm told she'll mature to about 8. We've had her for 6 days. She's a pretty bright little thing, and of course, ludicrously cute -- I'll post a pic soon. She sleeps in her crate without whimpering, except to let us know it's time to go potty. We live in a 3rd floor condo and are training her to use a puppy litter box on our balcony -- has anyone had success with this stuff? Progress is slow, but we're getting there. More luck with the #1s than 2s, which plop out of Stella's little butt suddenly and with no warning, although I've read up on the signs to look for -- sniffing ground, circling, etc.

Anyway, I'd love to hear from someone who has a doggy featuring any combination of Stella's breeds. (Pap, Pom, Shih.)

Love the board, BTW -- lots of useful info, if a few, um, rather opinionated posts here and there. But then, that's par for the course with any board, isn't it? LOL.

Looking forward to replies.

Cheers,

Lili :D

2. Jas

Jas New Member

Hi Lili welcome to the board!!!

This group is for ALL small/toy dogs, any and all owners are welcome. :y_the_best:

Glad you stopped by.

Cheers
    Jas

:)

3. bellasmommy

bellasmommy New Member

welcome lili :)

bella (pic to the left) is half shih tzu and half toy poodle :)

4. Kristine

Kristine New Member

Hi

Your mix sound adorable. I have a 4 1/2 month shih tzu mix. Here is his webpage www.dogster.com/?26076

He is litter trained--the box is in the house. I have the medium size purina box and use the purina litter. When I got Oscar at 10 weeks, the previous owner said that he was already trained to go in a box lined with newspaper. I did have trouble getting him to go in the box with the litter--maybe it felt strange on his feet. Anyway, once he would go in the box--I pretty much did not have much trouble. It took about 3 days of watching him full time around the clock and coaxing him into his box whenever I though he had to go. As I have given him more freedom there have been a few accidents but lately he has been good--he has access to kitchen living and dining room and goes to his box on his own when needed.

My case is probably a bit easier than yours as he does not have to tells us that he needs to get outside to the porch.

I have heard some other people that have had difficulty getting their pup to poop in the box--and that they prefer separate box for pooping and peeing. However, I have not had the problem. My pup has never had a poop accident--his accidents have always been peeing.

I have had difficult with Oscar eating the litter--I could not get him to stop even with the bitter sprays. He does not do it as much any more but for a while was just chowing down on it like it was his puppy food.

Good luck!

5. MicroMuttMom

MicroMuttMom New Member

Thanks for the welcomes!

You guys are great -- and your little dogs, too!

Anyway, just wanted to check in and say thanks. Gotta run now and take my Ragdoll (pussycat) to her annual vet check. With 2 cats and wee Stella, this is the third time I've gone there this week. I don't know how soccer moms do it!

Cheers,

Lil

:D

6. MyBabyShihPoo

MyBabyShihPoo New Member

:eek: WELCOME to you Lily...glad you're here!!! :eek:

I have two wonderful shih-poos, currently 10 months old! (I'm working on getting their dogster site up, so everyone can see them. :wink: )

Can't wait to see pics of your puppy!

Have a great day! :D

7. Kristine

Kristine New Member

I have a ragdoll too--the best cat breed in my opinion!!!

8. nern

nern New Member

Welcome to the forum! =P~

9. MonsterBailey

MonsterBailey New Member

Welcome MicroMutt and Mommy too!!! :eek:

This board is definitely not just shihpoos (as Jas pointed out), there are maltipoos, chihuahuas, etc -- it's just that us LOUD AND NOISY posters are shihpoo owners and we overtake the board sometimes! :0015: ha ha ha.. isn't that right, mybabyshih? :) hehe... kidding

Can't wait to see your pics -- the mix sounds adorable!

Again, welcome!
    :love_y_t_much:

10. ilovemaltipoos

ilovemaltipoos New Member

:0018: I have you to know,I am just as loud and noisy as you shihpoo owners are ! :0019: ...LOL !
    Welcome to the Board ! If you need to page me ,just go for it ! I am on the Move and can be reached fast ...! :0020:

11. MonsterBailey

MonsterBailey New Member

LMAO Malti!!

Now you're going to throw off all the newbies to the board... they're going to be lookin for the "PAGE ME" link! :) hehe...

12. ilovemaltipoos

:eek: Hopefully not ! :0012: or maybe ? :0012: Sometimes ? :-# if ? and ? but ? :-# okay ,I am playful today,where is my bloodly mary :0008: .

Anyway ,I am having a good day ...I think ,so thought I would throw in the paging thing...LOL !
    :0025:
    I love these new little thing-a -ma- gigs ....aren't they cute ?
    I recieved a picture a few months back .A lady had bought what a breeder said was a maltipoo ,but it had butterfly ears ...I thought about it and was really busy and then ,later that night as I went to bed ,my head hit the pillow and it came to me ..A pap-a-poo I guess? ,but I wrote her back and told her I thought it was that and she went on line and sure enough ,her baby had ears just like the little Butterfly dog and looked just like the puppies on line ,I can write and ask about that picture and see if she wants to share it .

13. MicroMuttMom

MicroMuttMom New Member

Stella pic to come

Hi All,

Have just registered with paypal, so Stella pic should upload with one of my messages soon.

Hey Malti, I'd love to see pics of your friend's pap-a-poo if she wants to share them. No such thing as too much cuteness, right?

Happy weekend, everybody!

:0008:

Lil

14. MyBabyShihPoo

MyBabyShihPoo New Member

Absolutely, we LOUDMOUTHED shih-poo owners can become quite boisterous at times (okay, maybe all time)! :mrgreen:

Isn't that the truth...just kiddin' around with ya' Malti! :kiss_her:

That is certainly right, I tried it out and it worked like a charm! :y_the_best: If not, just sit at your computer and yell out REALLY loud, "MALTI" and she just might answer! LOL

15. ilovemaltipoos

8) Hey Shihpoo ,keep your voice down ,I got Babies sleeping here ! LOL ! :wink:

16. MonsterBailey

MonsterBailey New Member

Malti and BabyShih...
    You two are crrrrrrrracking me up here!! LOL :0008:

Gotta love ya! :0008:

17. MonsterBailey

MonsterBailey New Member

Oh my goodness, Micromuttmom!
    I just noticed your avatar now shows your baby's picture -- TOOOOOO ADORABLE!!!!!!!!!!! She's absolutely precious! :love_y_t_much: :bow_now: :kiss_heart:

18. MyBabyShihPoo

MyBabyShihPoo New Member

Malti~

You talkin' to me, eh? LOL :mrgreen:

Alright, alright, I'll try and keep my yappin' loudmouth quiet for a little while so your babies can get some sleep! :-$

Monster~

Cheers to you too! :0008:

19. MyBabyShihPoo

MyBabyShihPoo New Member

Lili~

All I gotta' say is OH MY WORD...HOW PRECIOUS!!! :y_the_best:

20. ilovemaltipoos

TOOOOO Cute is the word of the day !!!
    Adorable ! Glad to see your baby !!!!

Shihpoo , 8) :0022: I think Monster will lose it again soon .Wanna make a bet ? :kiss_puppy: