1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Any rat lovers out there?

Discussion in 'All other pets' started by SugarLovesPits, Oct 11, 2004.

1. SugarLovesPits

SugarLovesPits New Member

I have six and I never see any one talk about rats really so i'd like to know if anybody has any when i can i;m gonna get some pics!

2. nern

nern New Member

I love rats too but I don't have any at the moment. I had a black & white male named Moby...he was an awesome pet. I would love to see pictures of your rats. :D

3. jme1913

jme1913 New Member

I have two young girlies. Tara and Baby who are only 5 months and 3 months old.

4. Aqueous

Aqueous New Member

I've always wanted to get a rat but my parents always say no. I'll probably get one once I move out

5. Blau_the_cow

Blau_the_cow New Member

Oooh Oooh me me me!!! I LOVE them! They are soo incredibly intelligent and have amazing personalities, and if loved and cared for properly, they can provide an awesome companionship. Too bad everybody sees the steryotype without giving the little guys a chance. I used to be like that but then I worked at a petting farm for 6 years, met an amazing breeder who loves them soo much and she changed my mind. I will definitly get some later in life.

6. SugarLovesPits

SugarLovesPits New Member

well glad ta hear there are some rattie lovers out there mine are my babies also if any of you do decide ta get some i know of lots of rescue and adoption groups so let me know! :eek:

7. faeriedust1127

faeriedust1127 New Member

I have 4 of them and i think i will always have them. They are definitely one of the kewlest/sweetest pets i've ever owned. My husband has told me that if anything ever happened to me and my animals, he would get more rats. They are awesome!

8. CockatielCrazy87

CockatielCrazy87 New Member

I have 8 all rescues
    three Standard Rats named Nutso, Loco, and Chi chi , one Rex rat named Smiley, two Tailless Rats named Nubs and Stubs, and finally I have one Hairless Rat named Skinny and one Dumbo Rat named Crazy baby.

9. rcrgal31

rcrgal31 New Member

i used to have them...i had 3 girls Dexi, Coco, and Roxy..and my big boy Jasper...gosh i miss them all so RIP...But i am dying to get some more..wonder if the cats will let me..lol

10. BeatrixMom

BeatrixMom New Member

I adore rats. I had 3 girls, Sweet Pea, Tiny and Peaches. Sweet Pea was the nicest girl, she would flap her paws with excitement when she knew I was going to bring her out to play. She played hide and seek, wrestled with my hand, and she would come when I called her. My girls were so smart and fun. I don't have any now, being overfull with 2 Bassets, a c-o-c-k-a-t-i-e-l, Beatrix bunny, and an aquarium. Same reason I don't have a guinea pig at this time...I think rats get a bad rap...

11. smileywaveygirl

smileywaveygirl New Member

i love rats. i'd love to have some but my mum won't let me (she doesn't like them, and also doesn't want me to have anymore pets), plus i'm away at uni most of the time so it wouldn't be fair on them. I work in a pet shop sometimes in the holidays and we had 2 gorgeous males come in the other day :)
    rats are so intelligent and friendly and i hate it when people judge pet rats because of the rep of wild rats.