1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone else heard of a dog having Addison's Disease?

Discussion in 'Dogs - all breeds / types' started by HDrydr, Feb 25, 2008.

1. HDrydr

HDrydr New Member

So I have a Boxer/lab his name is Buster and about 2 years ago he was diagnosed with Addison's Disease. Buster's adrenal glands no longer work so he can't regulate his stress hormones and manage potassium levels.

Buster stayed 3 days in the vet hospital and just about died before they figured it out. With medication you would never know he has it but my checkbook sure does!! He gets Predisone every day and every 54 days he gets a booster shot of hormones.

Other than having to "monitor" Buster's stress level..... yea how do you do that...... I just try not to change his routine too much. And now since he is on a steroid I have to really exercise him and had to cut back on his food because he gets fat very easy.

Since the amount of shot he gets depends on how much he weighs I have to keep close eye on him. The shot at this point costs $157 each time he weighs 80.2lbs. Vet wants him down to 75lbs. Yea ok Buster is a 4 legged garbage disposal even though he gets zero people food.

Anybody have any experience with this? Find anything that helps regulate things?