1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone have a Havanese?

Discussion in 'Dogs - all breeds / types' started by Dukesdad, Jun 10, 2004.

1. Dukesdad

Dukesdad New Member

Interesting article in USA Today on the hottest rising breeds. The Havanese is up 42% in ACK registrations.
    Labs still rule the ACK registrations at 144,934 for 2003 followed by:
    Goldens 52,530
    Beagle 45,033
    German Shepherd 43,959
    Dachunds 39,473
    Yorkies 38,256
    Boxer 34,136
    Poodle 32,176
    Shih Tzu 26,935
    Too bad they don't register mutts. That is the most popular "breed" by far.
    You can read the article on-ine at:
    http://www.usatoday.com/usatonline/2004 ... 70178s.htm

2. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

Are Havanese those cute little white fluffy ones? :)

Jamiya

3. GinaH

GinaH New Member

Here's a Havanese Jamiya. They are really cute!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

They are! There was a little white one at the agility trial. She was cute!

Jamiya

5. puttin510

puttin510 New Member

They are cute. They look like longer muzzled shitzu's. Bailey looks very much like a hava but he's not.

6. Brian

Brian New Member

Thanks GinaH for the photos.

Yep, they are very adorable. My shih tzu played with a 5 months old Havanese at the park the other day. From far I thought he was a shih tzu.
    Ok, now I am going to do some reading on this breed.

Peace

7. MonsterBailey

MonsterBailey New Member

hehe.... Puttin is right. I get asked all the time if Bailey is a Havanese... But he is actually a Shih-Poo (shihtzu/poodle mix). :) Which, I understand to be a LOT cheaper than a Havanese pure bred! :) hehe

Then again, Puttin... I bet I won't get asked about him being a Havanese while he's got his short summer hair do! LOL

Here is a pic of my little monster...
    [​IMG]

8. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

Awwwww!

9. puttin510

puttin510 New Member

Monster. I don't know about that. People (Dog people) will just look at the shape. I like to almost make it a guessing game to see if I'm right. I did find and tag one at home depot once. The owners were amazed I knew what it was.

10. Sarge'smom

Sarge'smom New Member

I try the guesing game too! Once we were at the pet store (pre-Parvo education thank you very much!) EVERYONE kept asking us if Sarge was a Keeshound. Shepherd puppy fur looks similar to those of you who do not know that. And I saw this HUGE dog and asked the owner if he was an Akita puppy and he said it was. He had the dog muzzeled while he was going through obedience and socialization. He was a police officer and asked us if Sarge was a Shepherd, he said he betted we got Keeshound all the time! He couldn't believe I knew and that I knew Lancelot (dog's name!) was still a puppy. He gave us a lot of info on Akitas and Shepherds. Told us some things to watch out for that he had learned from the police dog trainer. Was really interesting. I felt smart! Well, for aminute, but then it passed! :lol:

11. puttin510

puttin510 New Member

Sarge, I know what you mean. You almost feel like patting yourself on the back. LOL .That was pretty cool getting to swap info with an officer.