1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone know alot about bala sharks

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by GodsChld, May 11, 2005.

1. GodsChld

GodsChld New Member

So as discussed in another thread my 125 gallon tank is down to one oscar and two bala sharks......my question is how long does it take the balas to grow? I have had them almost a year now and they are only 4-5" long and when i bought them they could not have been much smaller than that....i would say they have grown an inch maybe.....

I ask this because i was in one of my former LFO's (found out they dye fish so that is why they are a former) had some balas that where about 10-12" and thick!

Thanks for the info in advance!

~BC

2. lil shant

lil shant New Member

well balas r easy to take care of and good looking

3. OnixRevolution

OnixRevolution New Member

That may be as big as they get. Growing depends on being fed correctly, water temp, condition of the water, and the size of the tank.

4. GodsChld

GodsChld New Member

Well if that is what it depends on....

125 Gallon Tank
    Fed - blood worms, shrip brine, and flake food
    Water Temp - between 78 and 80

5. hooterhead

hooterhead New Member

consistency and water chemistry are also a factor. if your ph fluxuates of nitrates, nitrites and ammonia are constantly spiking and falling then that will also stunt their growth. how often do you do water changes?

6. GodsChld

GodsChld New Member

I change out 20-25 gallons every week (vacuuming the bottom). I also run 2 filters and clean them completely out monthly.