1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone Recommend Brewers Yeast in a Diet

Discussion in 'Dogs - all breeds / types' started by Dukesdad, Jun 23, 2004.

1. Dukesdad

Dukesdad New Member

Just read the Vet column in todays paper and one letter concerned the benefits of adding Brewers yeast to your dogs diet. The article said it was a good source of protein and helped repel fleas.
    Does anyone recommend this supplement?

2. bullylove1

bullylove1 New Member

Never heard of it before, but I do know that breads and other starches like that aren't good for dogs to eat.
    hmm...perhaps Jamiya will be able to add here...

3. loves-da-pits

loves-da-pits New Member

Scientific studies have shown that both are ineffective against fleas and ticks. However, some people swear it works.

I give brewers yeast and garlic because it promotes healthy skin and coat. Garlic is a rich source of of selenium which is a natural antioxidant.

4. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

I have supplements that are brewers yeast and garlic, that are supposed to help with fleas and ticks. I was worried about giving them, though, because I have read other things about not giving yeast to your dogs. If anyone has more info or links, I would appreciate it!

Jamiya

5. honeybears

honeybears New Member

I think brewers yeast is okay, its the yeast like bread yeast that is not good for dogs

honeybear

6. GinaH

GinaH New Member

I use NuVet pet vitamins and one of the ingredients is Brewer's Yeast so I looked it up on their website and this is what it says about Brewers Yeast.
    And here's their website that gives a detailed list of Ingredients and how each Ingredient is suppose to benefit your dog.
    http://www.nuvet.com/ingredients.html#brew

7. loves-da-pits

loves-da-pits New Member

8. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

I have been giving my dogs one kyolic garlic tablet every day and have not pulled a tick off either one since I have been giving it. Nala had three ticks very early this season, before I started with the garlic. She also had one tick last fall about a week after putting Frontline on her. So far, the garlic seems more reliable, though there's no way to tell for sure. But at this point, "no news is good news". :)

Jamiya

9. loves-da-pits

loves-da-pits New Member

I've been giving garlic tablets and the brewers yeast to the dogs for awhile now, and I still pull a couple of small ones off them every other day or so. I'm thinking about giving them the fresh garlic in their food and night and treating the yard with the diatonaeous earth. I didn't want to use anything poisonous on the yard so birds and the lizards aren't poisined as well.

10. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

I have a garlic spray that I keep begging my husband to spray the yard with. Someone else here gave me the website for it....honeybears? Maybe?

Jamiya