1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Aqua Clear VS. Bio Wheel

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by Trickster, May 14, 2005.

?

Aqua Clear, or Bio Wheel?

1. Bio Wheel

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Aqua Clear

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Either

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Trickster

Trickster New Member

Bio-Wheel:
    -Live bacteria colony that gets better every spin
    -Carbon
    (FILTERS)
    Aqua Clear:
    -Carbon
    -Ammonia Remover
    -Sponge

I can add things to the water to remove ammonia if i use bio-wheel, but if i choose aqua clear i can add balls that grow active bacterial colonies, But i want ur opinion,
    Vote on poll or post reply

2. Petz8888

Petz8888 New Member

From experience biowheels DO NOT filter the water well and they give you problems like the wheel turning stops ALL THE TIME and THEY DO NOT have bactiria colter in them!

DONT GET THAT!

3. Used

Used New Member

In my experience with both filters I'd say they both do a good job filtering the water. The biowheels though are kinda costly to replace. With the AquaClear filters you can add whatever media you want.

4. Aqueous

Aqueous New Member

Personally I'm not a big fan of the AquaClear. I've had the motor and impeller break/burn out on two AquaClear filters that were both running for about 6 months.

The two I had also had problems self-priming. The first one to break happened after a blackout that lasted for a couple hours and when I came home the motor and impeller were extremely hot and after that i could never get it to start again.

The other one I'm not sure how it broke, I just came home and it was dead.

The only downside to the Biowheel I have is that you can hear the splashing sound caused by the biowheel. The AquaClear is much quieter.

5. Trickster

Trickster New Member

QUOTE: (Petz)
    From experience biowheels DO NOT filter the water well and they give you problems like the wheel turning stops ALL THE TIME and THEY DO NOT have bactiria colter in them!

DONT GET THAT!

End of quote

Ok, my bio-wheel does not stop spinning, at least not yet, i do check once in a while, i was thinking of getting aqua clear, and overall i think i will. Thanks to everyone for ur opinion and help

(Porblem with aquaClear is u gotta change the sponge, carbon etc....)