1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Aquaclear HOB filter HELP!

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by Candace, May 22, 2004.

1. Candace

Candace New Member

I have an Aquaclear 70 filter for my 46 gal, and when it is filtering, some water leaks out beside the intake tube. if i turn it on low, then it doesnt leak out. i like to keep it on about medium, and it still leaks. the tube is correctly attached and clicked in there and all. is this a serious problem? why is it doing this? no matter what i do it continues. i've reassembled it, rinsed my cartridges, my moter seems to be working fine.

2. fishy_chick

fishy_chick New Member

Is this a new filter? Or is this a problems that's just started happening? I'd take the filter back to where you got it from and replace it with a different one. Get the same kind; the one that you have may have a fault. If the new one you get does the same thing, it's a fault in the manufacturing and you should get your money back and buy a filter from a different company.

3. tina1

tina1 New Member

Mine always does that when the filter cartridge is dirty. But if you've cleaned it I'd say there is a problem. Did you clean the little grey impeller too? Sometimes there can be algae buildup on those and that can cause a problem.

4. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

All the HOB filters I've ever had did that when the filter gets clogged - usually after just a couple days. I've recently replaced the media with some slightly coarser stuff (made for pond filters) and now I only have that problem if I go more than 2 weeks w/o rinsing out the media.

-Chelle

5. Candace

Candace New Member

it's been doing this ever since i first started it up, so i may return it, i just dont want to go through the trouble, oh well.

6. Hooben

Hooben New Member

:mrgreen: This time look into marineland products. The bio wheels are cool and they come in a number of sizes. :mrgreen: