1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Are fat babies unhealthy??

Discussion in 'Birds - all breeds / types' started by zarate, May 17, 2005.

1. zarate

zarate New Member

Hey all. I was just wondering if "pudgy" baby budgies is unhealthy, or has any bad effects on the babies? They are all active and alert, VERY vocal....but they are a little chubby. Then the other day I was, as usual putting the babies back in their nest box for the night (they are constantly climbing out of their nest box!) When I picked up one of the babies, the oldest....it was like he was sort of stiff, he held his feet out and started shaking. It wasn't cold, but I held him for a bit and warmed him up until he became back to a "normal" state then I put him back for the night. I was concerned, but after that I didn't see it happen anymore, then today I checked and I found him dead. :cry:
    I don't know why this happened, was he sick? Did he have a disease? Are the others in danger of the same thing happening??

And an update on the newly hatched baby....I was unable to get ahold of the breeder I know. So I just waited it out like Mike said to do, and sure enough the parents finally started to feed it! Since then I've had a second egg hatch...she hasn't fed that one yet, but I think she waits until the yolk is completely absorbed. The I have one more egg to hatch....so I think she's gonna do alright.
    -Mandi
    PS, mike thanks for the handfeeding sites!