1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Auspet service difficulties poll – please vote.

Discussion in 'Dogs - all breeds / types' started by Auspetian, Jun 30, 2004.

?

How many times did you experience service difficulties on this site in the past 3 months ?

1. On every visit

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Only once

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Approx 3 times

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Approx 5 Times

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Approx 10 Times

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Approx 20 Times

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Approx 30 Times

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. More than 30 Times

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Auspetian

Auspetian Administrator Staff Member

Hi all,

We are conducting a survey and would like to get a better picture of the frequency of service difficulties some of you may have experienced recently. Please vote.

2. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

What counts as "one time" - do you mean every time we came here and tried to load a page, or each day there was trouble counts as one time, or....?

Jamiya

3. Auspetian

Hello Jamiya,

Re: 1 time.

Are you being sarcastic ?? (not sure but I’ll answer anyway.. :lol: ) I mean only once in the past 3 months.

P.S.
    I edited the poll and it now reads "Only once" instead of "1 time".

4. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

No, no! LOL. The wording was fine. I mean, what do you consider one time to be - one time trying to load the page, or one day that we had trouble several times, etc?

Like, there were only about two days I had trouble. Do you want this to count as "2 times" or did you want me to estimate how many times I came here trying to load pages and left again due to trouble? Because it was probably at least 10 times (or more) that pages were loading so slowly that it was frustrating me - but again, that was only over about 2 days.

Does that make it more clear?

Jamiya

5. Auspetian

LOL, my bad, I need to get some more sleep...

Yes, i'll say each day there was trouble counts as one time. Troubles like slow loading pages login issues etc.

6. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

Thanks. I'm such a troublemaker.

My husband does it, too. They had to fill out these silly forms at work - something to do with some sort of new motivational program that is motivating everyone to want to quit, LOL. It asked something about the time spent on projects, but the way it was worded he was unclear whether it meant one of several different possible interpretations.

Then there's my daughter, who in kindergarten was getting all the questions wrong about right and left. But I could ask her to raise her right hand and she would. So then I had her point to the square on the right side of the paper, and she pointed to the left one. It was then I realized she was answering according to the point of view of the PAPER!! So from then on, she would ask her teacher which "left" she wanted - her left or the paper's left. Oddball.

Sorry for clogging up your thread. :)

Jamiya

7. puttin510

puttin510 New Member

Slow loading for at least a month of so.

8. Jody

Jody New Member

I thought it was my computer.... :roll:

9. lil96

lil96 New Member

THe only time I experienced any thing I wasn'T on my computer, I was using a computer at my bfs work so I thought it was that coputer, it is a Liux and I don'T know to much about them, I had to use a mozilla browser. So it could have all been my fault why I had it slow loading that day. but I think maybe it affects diferen time zones. Because that post the other day said it happened between 12-7 am (I don't remember what time, but I think it would be sleeping time for Australians if I understood it right, and if I remember right) so all the aussies would have been asleep and here I would have been going to sleep (usually I check in the "morning" around 11 am here!) so 11 here is what 8 pm in Australia and 5 am in America, so maybe it only happens when certain continents are on? Just something to think about?

10. GinaH

GinaH New Member

I have also had problems with slow loading. :|

11. Rene

Rene New Member

Just wanted to let you know that it is loading very slow for me today and when i posted a reply i got this message back

You cannot make another post so soon after your last; please try again in a short while.

Thanks
    Rene

12. Rene

Rene New Member

I think it is my internet connection today because everything is loading very slow right now sorry

13. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

It has been slow off and on today for me as well. Sometimes fine and sometimes agonizing!

Jamiya

14. GinaH

GinaH New Member

Same here very slow today........

15. Auspetian

Guy's could you please run a small test for me.

Try visiting other Auspet pages (not forum pages) whenever you experience slow loading pages. Are other Auspet pages loading slow too ???

Just wondering whether it is the new forum or the whole site in general.

P.S.
    The forum loads fine my end 98% of times..... i need your help in trying to identify the problem (not sure whether it is the new forum or our host in general).

16. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

As far as I can tell, it seems to be just the forum.

Sometimes it's whizzing along as usual. Then I will click on a thread and wait F-O-R-E-V-E-R for it to load. I can go the other auspet.com pages and they all load fine. Usually when I come back to the forum it loads more quickly. But then a few clicks later it is slow again....and then speeds up after a minute or two.....and then slow again....

Jamiya

17. goob

goob New Member

I got this message when I tried to post today (at around 4pm EST), whatever it means:

Warning: mysql_connect(): Lost connection to MySQL server during query in /home/auspetco/public_html/forum/db/mysql4.php on line 48

Warning: mysql_error(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/auspetco/public_html/forum/db/mysql4.php on line 330

Warning: mysql_errno(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/auspetco/public_html/forum/db/mysql4.php on line 331
    phpBB : Critical Error

Could not connect to the database

18. Rene

Rene New Member

i have gotten that message before also but i didnt think to save it :oops:

19. goob

goob New Member

I only saved it because I was peeved at having my message eaten :x That and the fact that it looked very impressive and important to my horribly tech-illiterate mind :oops: :lol:

20. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

Yeah, I got things like that before, too. And for some reason the past couple of days, I keep getting logged out and so I have to log in to see what is new since the last time I logged on...

Jamiya