1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Babies on the way!!!!

Discussion in 'Dogs - all breeds / types' started by Samsintentions, Sep 29, 2004.

1. Samsintentions

Samsintentions New Member

Ok. Hanky has been VERY restless. So I think it may be time!! I'll keep you all posted on the progress!!!

2. honeybears

honeybears New Member

how exciting!! :D

honeybear

3. Rene

Rene New Member

I hope she has an easy time like Jasmine did let us know

4. Trixiepoo

Trixiepoo New Member

OOOO can't wait to see pic. (what kind of dog is Hanky)

5. Samsintentions

Hanky Spanky is one of my rescues that I found on my back step when she was only a few days old. Fattest little rolly polly you've ever seen!!! From what we know she's a shephard/Terrier mix. She's a little brown dog about 25 lbs, and the hyperest dog in the world!! I promise!!! Thats what's been holding her back from being adopted. Parents look at her and think, OH what a sweet loving dog, then 5 minutes after being with her, their tired of her jumping, running. wiggling, and energy!

SHe's 2 q/2 now and was fixed (or was supposed to be but the vet didn't do what he was suposed to so now we have a lawsuit going on)
    Anyhow, she got bred by my heeler....I put up a thread about it....

WE had her ultra sounded and found out she has 5 small pups...SO we're just waiting for their arrival now!

6. lil96

lil96 New Member

what is "SHe's 2 q/2 now"
    sorry my brain sometimes doesn'T work!

7. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

I'm going to go with "2 1/2" as the answer to that question. I suspect it was a typo. :)

8. lil96

lil96 New Member

oh I thought it was some online lingo!!

9. Samsintentions

he he he, nope! Just a typo! I was too excited to type!
    we now have 5 healthy little babies!!!! :eek:

Two are solid black with a little brown eyebrows and feet both are males, One is maroon, yES Maroon!!! SHe's absolutely gorgeous! Ihope her color doesn't change one bit!!! and the other is a little brown and white female and her twin (exactly!!) male!!

She did it all by herself, had them cleaned and nursing with no problems at all!!!
    Each weighed: blk/brown male: 18.9 oz
    Blk/brn male: 20 oz
    maroon female: 24.3 oz (piggy!!)
    brn/white male: 22oz
    brn/white female: 21.8oz

Now its time to name them!!!! I'll get photo shots just as soon as I can!!!

10. Rene

Rene New Member

:eek: :eek: CONGRATS GRANDMA wow that was fast and compared to my babies they are HUGE lol. we want to see lots and lots of pictures please

11. Samsintentions

OH don't worry I will! I'm going tomy mothers tomorow evening, I'll grab the digital while I'm there!

Poor Hanky. You'd have never known she was pregnant! She doesn't look a bit diffrent. Weird! She only gained a little bit of weight during the pregnancy as well.
    What concerns me though is she's only got 4 working nipples. I've been alternating the puppies so they all get fed properly. 2 one hour, 2 the next

12. Rene

Rene New Member

Jasmine didn't really gain much either just 1 pound. You poor girl you are going to have to do that all night long wonder why only 4 of them got milk? i dont think Jasmines top ones got any they are still flat but her bottom was geez poor little girl. I hear the babies s**king all night they really have s**ktion for such little things.

oops i forgot I guess they dont need as much attention now since Jasmine doesnt go in as often as she used to she wants to be in the living room with us so I put the play pen out there with me and she will nurse them if i'm sitting on the couch but if i get up she jumps out to follow me. The babies are getting so cute when i talk to them they wobble over to the side and try to bark at me it's so cute

13. Samsintentions

oh these are squrming and squeeking and driving momma crazy already. She's not being very cooperative at letting them nurse. I have to make her go in there and lay down. SHe's wanting to go out and play!!!
    I'm going to give her a day to see if she settles down any and takes up her responcibility, if not, looks like I may be bottle feeding!!! ACK!!!! She's really not producing much of any milk....

14. Rene

Rene New Member

i hope you dont have to bottle feed what a pain well welcome back to grandmother hood lol

funny how you arent' a "human mom"yes but you are a fur babie grandma lol

15. 4Dogsihave

4Dogsihave New Member

Congradulations again!

I hope she gets better with feeding them cause I know how it was with one puppy. I certainly would not want to do that with 5! Anyhow good luck!

I have the perfect name Jill! HEHE

16. nern

nern New Member

I'm glad that all is well. Good luck with the babies. I'm looking forward to seeing pictures. :wink:

17. charmedagain

charmedagain New Member

HI sam congratulations on the new additions..

Have they all been given the all clear by the vet.
    Oh i want puppies again they are soooo cute when they are tiny you just dont want them to ever grow up and leave well thats how i fell hehehehehe..
    Give mom a huge hug from me for doing so well.

Mike :eek: :eek: :eek:

18. GinaH

GinaH New Member

Congrats Sam! I am glad to hear mom and babies are doing well. Now was Hanky one of the puddle puppies?

19. MonsterBailey

MonsterBailey New Member

Congrats Sams! Can't wait to see pics... they sound soooooo pretty!!!

20. lil96

lil96 New Member

Congratulations! :m11: I am glad everything went fairly smooth! I hope her nipples all start working so she can let you rest (hahah), you have enough other things to handle! It seemed like it all went so quickly one day she was getting "fixed" the next she was pregnant and now babies! Wow!