1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

baby newts

Discussion in 'All other pets' started by fishy_chick, May 13, 2004.

1. fishy_chick

fishy_chick New Member

Hi, I have 3 baby red bellied newts right now. My newts have had babies before but I was unaware that they were breeding. All of the eggs were eaten by the parents except 2. I just left them in the tank with the adults and they're now about a year old and doing great. My newts bred again and I removed quite a few eggs. 5 of them hatched and are now in a seperate tank away from the adults.

2 weeks ago I found another baby in the tank and removed it and put it with the other babies. This new newt is much more healthy than the others and lot bigger. I think it must have somthing to do with the leftover food in the adult's tank that he could feed on. I'm having trouble getting my babies to eat and I REALLY dont want to mess around hatching brine shrimp (sea monkeys). Should I put a tank divider in my tank and put the babies in there away from the adults? I dont know what to do! Please help me. One more question, should I have an aerator in the babies' tank at all times? I put one in everyday for about an hour at a time, is this enough? Thanks in advance.