1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Baby swords, wut to do o wut to do

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by Trickster, May 23, 2005.

1. Trickster

Trickster New Member

OK i bought a Female sword tail to acommidate my male and hopefully breed in my 20 gal, now i bought her already pregnent,i knew she was. Now when she does have the babies, i want to put em in a seperate container, will like a bucket or something be ok to hold em in, i wana save a few, so dont get eaten and selll them.

Whts the minimum tank size to keep about 7 babies in? (When good size i will sell them) i was thinking 5 gal witha samll intank filter.

Im planning on feeding em special baby food, and regular water changes,

Problem is money, i dont got it for a 5 gal, so if i put em in like a big container (Ziploc :p) and no filter :( , but regular water changes.. u think they be fine?

(No good online sites about sword breeding)

2. Aqueous

Aqueous New Member

3. Trickster

Trickster New Member

When putting a divider in, do u put em in and seal them with the sealent? or do the store bought ones come with suction cups? cuz theres no way im making it permenant.

4. Aqueous

Aqueous New Member

I had mine on with silicone but when I gave some of my bettas to a friend I took the silicone off with a razor blade.

5. Trickster

Trickster New Member

Did u have to drain the tank when applying the silicone?

6. Aqueous

Aqueous New Member

7. Trickster

Trickster New Member

Well my cat killed the pregnent fish :( so now i lost the breeding!

ill try to buy another male and femlae and see if i can get em to do it

8. nick_no_11

nick_no_11 New Member

that y i hate cats they kill my other pet that y i have none

I HATE CATS!!

9. Nameless

Nameless New Member

Im sorry to hear that!