1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Bad Jack Dempsey Spawn.

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by M_wm, Jan 19, 2005.

1. M_wm

M_wm New Member

About 2 or 3 weeks ago my jack dempseys spawned. There was a ton of fry and they have been disappearing like made and all my filters have foam over the intake so the only other place could be in the parents stomachs. I moved the JD fry to a 5g to grow out a bit. Out of about 200-300 fry i only have 14 left :(. Next time the spawn im going to steal the fry soon as they are free swimming
    I thought i would post a picture just for fun of the fry
    [​IMG]

2. grnlemonade

grnlemonade New Member

nice looking fry....maybe just something went wrong with the water and they died? fry that size wouldnt take much to disappear and decompose in the substrate.

3. tski22

tski22 New Member

I wouldnt call it bad the fact that they spawned is a big accomplishment. What are you planning on doing with the fry, and how long did you have the jacks before they spawned? Was there ever any aggresion between the male and female? -tl

4. M_wm

M_wm New Member

Good point but i didnt want to take anymore chances. Ive had them about 4 months. I picked them up for a good price becuz the guy who worked at my LFS needed to get rid of them or his lungfish was going to eat them. Hopefully i can raise these to a good size.

5. Nameless

Nameless New Member

Do you plan on keeping all of the fry?OR wut would you do with them?

6. M_wm

M_wm New Member

I was planning on selling some and keeping some/giving some away