1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Bad news for Rattigan and his brother

Discussion in 'Dogs - all breeds / types' started by Samsintentions, Jul 1, 2004.

1. Samsintentions

Samsintentions New Member

After everything I've tried to do. Rattigan and his brother Ralph have parvo.

I don't know what I did wrong. They've been vaccinated, I bleach the kennel everyother day, wash their water and food bowls daily, I just don't know!

The vet said that due to them being neglected before and not in a full healthy state, and their white cell count was sky high, he gave them a 15% chance at living. So.. Granvel is taking them home. We're going to use straight bleach in their kennel and everywhere. I don't care about the damn lawn anymore. I dont' want anyone getting sick.
    We'll keep them in the garage in a very secluded place. I'm going home to buy all the stuff I'll need. After these little fighters have been through. They deserve a chance. I couldn't just put them down. I've got my own IV set, pedialyte, and I'll get the tea ingrediants and baby food, ect....

The vet gave aus a grim outlook, said he could treat it, but its sooo expensive $1500 per puppy. and theres only a 15% success rate.

Uh.....I just really don't get it. They just started putting on weight, Rattigans hair is coming back....

Last night he was caughing, and Ralph was soo lathargic. I thought kennel cough. They've been eating and drinking. and Rattigan is just as hyper as can be, But they both had bloody stool this afternoon when granvel got home to pick them up, and there was white foamy vomit in the kennel also.

Pray for these little guys. They're gonna need all the help they can get! I'm taking off work the rest of the week. There are more important things in life than working.....like life.

2. honeybears

honeybears New Member

((((hugs to you sam)))) and prayers for ratigan and ralph that they pull thru

honeybear

3. StormyWinter

StormyWinter New Member

Awww poor little guys!!! :cry:

Good luck!
    I hope everything works out for the best and they make a strong recovery and beat the odds.

4. Rene

Rene New Member

good luck sams i hope they pull threw poor little guys

5. bullylove1

bullylove1 New Member

Sam, I have also replied to Jamiya's post. You are all in my thoughts. Good luck on this courageous battle. You are a wonderful human and only deserve happiness.

6. loves-da-pits

loves-da-pits New Member

I say POOHIE to 15% chance! Strong will and determination, and prayers is what it takes for parvo puppies. Been there already myself.

Good luck, good thoughts and possitive vibes to you and your pups.

7. dogangel

dogangel New Member

:( Neither you nor the little ones deserve this. But I know you're strong, and you'll pull this one thru like you did so many times before. God love you and the little ones!!! My prayers are with you!!!

8. nern

nern New Member

I'm sorry to hear this :cry: . If anyone can help nurse these poor pups back to health I think you can. Sending prayers your way.

9. GinaH

GinaH New Member

Sam IM so sorry. Hopefully the little guys will pull through. May God bless you.

Dog Creation

When God had made the earth and sky,
    the flowers and the trees,
    He then made all the animals
    the fish, the birds and bees
    And when at last He'd finished
    not one was quite the same.
    He said I'll walk this world of mine
    and give each one a name.
    And so He travelled far and wide
    and everywhere He went,
    a little creature followed Him
    until its strength was spent.
    When all were named upon the earth
    and in the Sky and Sea,
    the little creature said "Dear Lord,
    there's no name left for me."
    Kindly the Father said to him
    "I've left you to the end.
    I've turned my own name back to front
    And called you DOG, my friend".

Author Unknown

10. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

I love that poem, Gina. I think I am going to frame it. This is my favorite part:

"And so He travelled far and wide
    and everywhere He went,
    a little creature followed Him
    until its strength was spent."

Jamiya

11. GinaH

GinaH New Member

It's funny you should say that....Because I do have it framed hanging in my office. :D It's one of my favorites.

12. lil96

lil96 New Member

They are strong little buggers. They can make it through anything. Good Luck

13. vene

vene New Member

Sam, I'm so sorry to hear of the bad news. I'm thinking of you and your little ones and best wishes for their full recovery.

14. Samsintentions

Rattie died last night around 3 this morning.
    We're going to cremate his little body to insure the virus doesn't spread and bury his ashes in our little doggie grave yard. I've ordered little stones with their names on them. Those two will always ahve a special place in my heart.

15. lil96

lil96 New Member

oh I am sorry sams. You are such a wonderful person for working as hard as you have for them!

16. Samsintentions

17. bullylove1

bullylove1 New Member

Sam, I am so sorry for your loss. I know how much you struggled with these guys. Please try to se the bright side, and know what happiness you gave to them before they passed.