1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Bala-Shark Enuthniasiation

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by Obelix, Jun 21, 2004.

1. Obelix

Obelix New Member

My god-parents bala-shark (one of them, full grown) had a really bad something or the other but they ended up enuthnisiating him which i was wondering if they did it properaly, they bought this chemical that you add the entire bottle of, they fed him one last time then emptyed the bottle it in the tank, he sorta swam around like normal and then just went to the bottom and died.

2. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

What chemical was it?

-Chelle

3. Obelix

Obelix New Member

Just got off the phone and said it was a formalin soluation.

4. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

http://www.avma.org/resources/euthanasia.pdf

From the 2000 Report of the AVMA Panel on Euthanasia:

-Chelle

5. Obelix

Obelix New Member

Well that clears that up, ive been lucky and havent had to face enuthnisation yet but thanks for the info.

6. tina1

tina1 New Member

Chelle,

I'm about to throw up after reading 1/4 of that link. I can't believe some of the things I just read...

7. Obelix

Obelix New Member

:lol: :lol: :lol: I took chelles word for it and descided not to read, im extremely squeemish!

8. OneWolvesDream

OneWolvesDream New Member

strange for me it wont open up! when it did once it was just circles and dots

9. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

Do you have Acrobat Reader?

I believe that the AVMA sets the standards for how animals used in research/lab work must be treated. I could be wrong on that, but I remember reading something about the animal care standards in my animal physiology lab and I think it was by the AVMA.

-Chelle

10. Obelix

Obelix New Member

Thanks for the link t_chelle, it proved to be an intresting link after going back and reading it.