1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

bala sharks are not aggressive are they?

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by GodsChld, Dec 13, 2004.

1. GodsChld

GodsChld New Member

i have three bala sharks, a pictus car, and a tiger oscar in a 125 gallon tank......one of my bala sharks chases the other two around all the time.....i watched for a while to make sure it was just not one of them......and i noticed he was nipping at them......i thougth this was strange as from what i am to understand they are a pretty harmless fish.....unless i am completely off......everyone has been living fine together.....i do 2 25gallon water changes a week and my water conditions are near perfect.........

any ideas what is going on wiht this goof......its not a constant chasing, just once or twice a day for 20 min or so

also my tiger oscar (walt) is NOT pleased with the commotion and attemps to regulate.....thanks for the help all!

GO STEELERS!

2. grnlemonade

grnlemonade New Member

bala sharks as classified as "semi-aggresive", but in my experiences they have always been peaceful.

3. Fishfirst

Fishfirst New Member

With all sharks caution is in order, you can get one bad apple in the group... A friend of mine had a red tail that killed everything in her tank... just depends on the individual personallity of the fish, this one survived in my piranha's 55 gallon for two weeks before being consumed, which is saying something considering most fish are gone within seconds

4. M_wm

M_wm New Member

Your Pirahnas ate a bala shark?

5. Fishfirst

Fishfirst New Member

actually it was a redtailed shark, just was making a point that sharks are a little more aggressive than your average fish. It lived in thier tank (holding its ground) for about two weeks... most fish don't live three seconds...

6. M_wm

M_wm New Member

oh i c, to bad, redtail sharks are an awesome fish

7. GodsChld

GodsChld New Member

they are not really sharks

bala sharks are not really "sharks"......thi sis why i am sort of confused. It seems i do however just have one pain in the butt......my oscar does come over and seperate them when he gets fed up though.....if anyone has any suggestions let me know!