1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Bandanas??

Discussion in 'Dogs - small breeds (toy) specific' started by MonsterBailey, Jun 17, 2004.

1. MonsterBailey

MonsterBailey New Member

(speaking of petsmart)
    Has anyone found a website that sells bandanas/scarfs for dogs?? I can't find any that I like!!! I think Bailey looks too darn cute with them on. :) (Mickey and Tigger toooooooooo!)
    I know that PetSmart sells them and I purchased one from there in the past, but honestly, I just don't like the stupid patterns that they sell. :-& I bought the "human" ones but they are too big, so I have to "hem" them.

Anyhow, any suggestions?? I've found a few sites like (http://www.pet-bandanas.com/bandanas.htm) but was curious if anyone else has bought online...

2. SwtBettyLu

SwtBettyLu New Member

3. Rene

Rene New Member

Monster someone on the dog all types board was making them i think honeybears bought some and they were really cute i think it was sams that was making them not real sure tho and my computer is way to slow or i would do a search over there but it would take all night lol stupid computers.

Rene

4. MonsterBailey

MonsterBailey New Member

Thanks Betty! I'll check them out!

Rene, Thanks! I'll post on that board also..... ! I should have THUNKED to post there also :) thank you!

5. MyBabyShihPoo

MyBabyShihPoo New Member

:-# Hmmmm...I am not quite sure what to tell you Monster! I've never done any bandana shopping before (Mickey & Tigger's groomer provides them for the boys, and I'm not sure whether she makes them or buys them)!

Hopefully you'll find some cute ones though! :D

6. MonsterBailey

MonsterBailey New Member

darnit! You always have great suggestions, mybaby! :) hehe

I have one bandana from Bailey's groomer also, but it's a holiday/christmas one, and I'll be damned! He refuses to wear it during the summer! :) hehe

7. cosmicpixie

cosmicpixie New Member

I make my own. I go out get a cheap fabric at a store and cut them with pinking shears. The pinking shears will help keep it from fraying. Sometimes you have enough fabric you can make some for your puppy pals too. Maya and her greyhound friend Juli have matching bumble bee ones. All you have to do is cut them into a "V" Shape I just used an old one as a pattern. I picked out which one looked the best and used it. Its super easy. Maya has bandannas for every holiday from Halloween to St. Patricks' Day. That's how we handled the bandana issue. We even have one that we put her name on it. Hope that helped.

Tracie,Matt,Maya, and the ferrets.

8. MonsterBailey

MonsterBailey New Member

that DOES help, Cosmic!

I dont' know the first thing about sewing (other than the needle/thread for hemming). So if you cut it with pinking shears you don't have to sew the edges at all?? REALLY??!?!

9. MyBabyShihPoo

MyBabyShihPoo New Member

So sorry...wish I knew!!! :cry:

I can understand why he might not like the idea of wearing a festive Christmas bandana during the summer months...dogs have a sense of fashion ya' know!!! LOL :lol:

That makes two of us Monster!!! :oops:

10. cosmicpixie

cosmicpixie New Member

Mine will fray a little but there is a liquid you can get that will keep the edges from fraying. There is absolutely no sewing involved unless you want to be very detailed in your design. Just go to a fabric store and ask for the stuff that keeps fabric from fraying. I can't remember the name of the stuff, but pinking shears do help keep them from fraying completely. So nope you don't need a needle or thread for this project (sorry I felt like Martha Stewart there for a minute)

11. puttin510

puttin510 New Member

This is what I do with scarfs. She wears them while feeding time. Keeps her ear hair free of crunched up food. Yep, we do this every day twice, sometimes three times a day. She knows she needs to put it on and will stick her nose into it looking for the right place to slip it on her head.
    [​IMG]

12. pamr61

pamr61 New Member

I'm sort of an Ebay addict :? and it seems I recently saw a ton of doggy bandannas on their for sale.

13. karma

karma New Member

14. MonsterBailey

MonsterBailey New Member

Thanks everyone for your ideas!! I've decided to "MAYBE" tryyy and make one... (ha ha ha)... otherwise, I really liked the selection on the petedge.com site!!!! Thanks again everyone!

15. cosmicpixie

cosmicpixie New Member

Okay the stuff I use is called Dritz Fray Check its like 2.99 at JoAnn's Fabrics. (It was in a box of sewing stuff that we hadn't unpacked yet. We've only lived in Vegas for like two months now) There are four other kinds of fray stoppers but Dritz Fray Check is the cheapest. Just run it along the edge of the cut and it will keep it from fraying. They're great. I always make some for our friends too. So if we're all meeting at the park we'd all have them outfitted in matching bandanas. Hope that helps. Its a lot of fun!

And if you're feeling extra adventurous after that. I made "blankets" at christmas time for all our friends and thier dogs. I had cut large rectangles (or small for those little pups) from a white bed sheet with pinking shears. Then with red and green fabric paint put their names on top. Then found some fun Christmas Iron-ons and put those on under the name. They were way cute. They now have Iron-On paper for your computer printer and you print pictures out from your computer.

I'm full of all kinds of fun activites. :)

16. Trixiepoo

Trixiepoo New Member

Well "The Christmas Tree Shop" sells them their not christmassy (if thats a word) all the time they have summer ones too. Trixie has a gingerbread man one from there and there only like a buck plus they r the right size

17. puttin510

puttin510 New Member

Hey, if you buy the fleece type of material you don't need to hem anything. You can make fringe too.

18. MonsterBailey

MonsterBailey New Member

I've taken the easy ("my mommy doesn't love me") route.... and ordered online instead of making them!! There was one site that had them for 1.79!!! HELLO!?! can't beeeeeeeeeat that :)