1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Bandanas??

Discussion in 'Dogs - all breeds / types' started by MonsterBailey, Jun 17, 2004.

1. MonsterBailey

MonsterBailey New Member

I just posted this on the "TOY DOG" section and Rene suggested to check here also. She said she thought she remembered someone was making and/or selling them .......... so here goes:

Has anyone found a website that sells bandanas/scarfs for dogs?? I can't find any that I like!!! I think Bailey looks too darn cute with them on!

I know that PetSmart sells them and I purchased one from there in the past, but honestly, I just don't like the stupid patterns that they sell. (Happy faces?? COME ONNNNNNNNNN! LOL) I bought a couple of the "human" ones but they are too big, so I have to "hem" them.

Anyhow, any suggestions?? I've found a few sites like (http://www.pet-bandanas.com/bandanas.htm) but was curious if anyone else has bought any online...

2. 4Dogsihave

4Dogsihave New Member

I think samsententions (sry if thats wrong) was making collars I am sure she could make some bandanas too.

3. kyles101

kyles101 New Member

i made kumas bandanas. shes got a birthday and sheriff bear one. pretty easy to make, but you need a sewing machine to overlock [zig zag, whatever you do] the edges.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. loves-da-pits

loves-da-pits New Member

Whooops, I thought the post said "bananas." Looking at this through reading glasses.

Sorry, can't help with bandanas. If I find a site, I'll let you know.

5. Jody

Jody New Member

Kyles, they look good. Do u have a pattern or did u just come up with it yourself?

6. MonsterBailey

MonsterBailey New Member

Those are soooooo great!! As far as sewing.... ha ha ha!! :) I can sew a hem w/needle and thread, but I don't know the first thing about a sewing machine! :) hehe

I also loved how your dog was POSING for the pic... "see my perty bandana!?!?"

so, love-da-pits: were you saying you could help me if I were looking for BANANAS instead? :) hehe :lol: :lol:

7. kyles101

kyles101 New Member

i just cut them into a suitable sized triangle and overlock the edges. nothing to it really apart from choosing material!! lol

8. lil96

lil96 New Member

Do you have a groomer? in AMerica I had a groomer who always put bandanas on Luther, so maybe if you ask a groomer? But these were also pretty crap ones. They didn'T have fancy stitches, I think maybe they were just cut out of a special material, but it has been a while so I can'T remember.

9. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

It was Samsintentions selling bandanas as a fund raiser for her rescues.

Jamiya

10. Samsintentions

Samsintentions New Member

Yup that was me! I'm making some collar covers for nik and I'd be more than happy to make some for you too!

Honeybears got hers, *ahem* haven't seen the photos yet! he he he.....

Just let me know what you want on them and I'm sure I've got the material somewhere!

11. oso

oso New Member

I WOULD ALSO SUGGEST GOING TO A FABRIC STORE, IM SURE IT WOULD BE RATHER INEXPENSIVE TOO, AND W/ SUCH A SMALL PIECE OF FABRIC IM SURE IT'S NOT MUCH TO HEM EITHER. :)

12. Jamiya

Jamiya New Member

You could buy fat quarters that they sell for quilting - they are cheap. Or you could buy some from Samsintentions and help her rescues. :)

Jamiya

13. honeybears

honeybears New Member

well I do have pics, but have been forever tyring to figure out how to post them again. did it once, now i am ahving problems. Just luv Kuma

honeybears

14. goob

goob New Member

I make them for our dogs, 1/2 yard of fabric will do all five (2 big dogs, 1 medium, 2 small), but I just cut them with pinking(?) shears and they stay in decent shape for a month or more usually without my sewing them. I usually get a full yard though, so I can cut extras as well. Then to actually make them, I fold the fabric over itself to form two triangles (you'll probably have a few extra inches on ones side, just cut that off and sit it to the side), and cut so the triangles are seperate. Then repeat the folding and cuttign with each of the triangles, and again, until I have to right sizes needed for the dogs. It's not hard, and takes maybe 20 minutes to do.