1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Bath Time ?

Discussion in 'Birds - all breeds / types' started by --blaster--, Aug 26, 2004.

1. --blaster--

--blaster-- New Member

I have a few questions.............

1:Is it ok to give a parakeet a bath if it dont know you
    2:how can i give the bath
    3:is it ok to clip birds nails

Thanks again and the kind of bird is

Parakeet :)

srry i ask to many questions :oops:

2. charmedagain

charmedagain New Member

Hi you can buy a bird bath that attaches to the cage and the bird has a bath if it feels like it or you can use a spray bottle the kind you would use to spray your plants and turn the nozzle so its on mist making sure the water is warm and there is no draughts so the bird does not catch cold.

Its ok to clip there nails providing you know how to do it its always best to get a breeder or an avian vet to do it if your unsure..

Mike

3. --blaster--

--blaster-- New Member

if i spray the bird wont it feel like its being threatend?

4. charmedagain

charmedagain New Member

No aslong as its done with a spray bottle that you can turn the nozzle to a mist spray always do it from above the bird.

The bird will be fine it may panic a little at first but will get used to it each time you do it i do this to mine every couple of days to just once a week and my birds are still fine.

Mike

5. --blaster--

--blaster-- New Member

ok 1more Question after that should i hold my bird in my hand so it wont be cold?

6. charmedagain

charmedagain New Member

Aslong as the room the bird is kept in is warm there is no need for you to hold it to keep it warm as the heat in the room is enough to keep it warm.

mike