1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Been to the vet today

Discussion in 'Cats - all breeds / types' started by Ginger, Sep 24, 2004.

1. Ginger

Ginger New Member

Bones has been to the vet today, mainly just to get his tablets for his kidney problems (they are just fantastic hes looking so much healthier in just 6-7 months).
    Also he has been having some allergy problems, I know he is allergic to fleas and he has recently been 'advantaged' for those but he still keeps getting allergy reactions on his legs and back (he gets itchy scaley patches) the vet said they could give him a shot of something to make him feel better but it wouldn't solve the problem.
    I'm just wondering if anyone else knows what he could possibly be allergic to? I know it could be almost anything but are there some things that cats are more likely to be allergic too?

2. Mary_NH

Mary_NH New Member

do you bathe him at all?

3. Ginger

Ginger New Member

no I never bathe him

4. vene

vene New Member

5. luna

luna New Member

maybe you should see if he's alergic to some fabric or someting that you have in your house :?:

6. Ginger

Ginger New Member

Thanks for the links vene, the shampoo looks like it could help but bathing the cat doesn't sound like fun!
    The vet offered to give him a shot of something today (probably cortisone or antibiotics) but he did say it would only be temporary and its not too bad at the moment so I said no.
    One of those websites suggested maybe a food allergy, hadn't thought of that so i'll try a hypoallergenic cat food.

Poor Bones gets all the bad luck, abused as a kitten, bad teeth, kidney disease, ringworm, heart murmur and now this allergy keeps making his fur fall out! :( I guess if its not the food I'll have to start eliminating different things from the house until we find whats wrong, hopefully we'll solve it soon
    :y_the_best:

7. luna

luna New Member

poor bones. hope he gets bewtter soon

8. EternalFlame

EternalFlame New Member

good luck with Bones...

LOVE that name!! *puts on vulcan ears and makes the 'live long and prosper sign while waving a flag clearly labled TREKKI*

9. vene

vene New Member

EternalFlame, are you a closet Trekkie?

10. EternalFlame

EternalFlame New Member

*eyes shift* meeeebe? hehehe

nah.. i'll annoy anyone with it if they dare to give me the remote and say to put it on whatever. i know right where to go hehe