1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

beginner looking for a good horse

Discussion in 'Horses - all breeds / types' started by Tonyab, Jan 29, 2005.

1. Tonyab

Tonyab New Member

I am a beginner only have rode maybe 10 times in the last 2 yrs i am looking for a well mannered horse where i can jump on and go whenever i want to,and take on trail rides.I would like something around 15.0 hands,can be grade i don`t care.Can you please help.I also have a grade mare green broke needs someone that knows what there doing but she is gental like a puppy out in the field comes right up to you and follows you around i like in Southern part of Iowa Thanks :lol:

2. ChinookLover89

ChinookLover89 New Member

I don't know I would try and improve on my riding more if i were you before i went looking for a new horse. The horse you have may work out if you work at it hard enough. But if you really want a easy well mannered horse look for older horses up for adoption at rescues. But remember no horse is totally predictable.

3. Tonyab

Tonyab New Member

Ok thanks but no she won`t work for me don`t have enough confidence in myself :cry:

4. ya_gotta_luv_em

ya_gotta_luv_em New Member

i agree that it is hard to work with a green horse if you dont have the experience. i had a trainer look at my horse this afternoon. He tied one forefoot to her upper leg and she hobbled round til she was worn out. Then for the first time in ages i rode her with out getting bucked off. Now i dont suggest u try this, im just saying that working out an energetic horse can help. I now plan to spend a few weeks so she will be fit to sell in a few months time. Im also going for a quieter horse. Between the ages 10 & 20 is good. I also wanna do tha same stuff. When ever looking at cheep horses, be carefull, because what might seem like a sweet horse when you go look at it could actually be a monster. Good luck

5. Tonyab

Tonyab New Member

Thanks for the advise but i sold her she just was not the horse for me and yeah i think i will look around for something else and i do need a older horse that just wants to WALK :D has no energy to buck or rear lol i will find what i`m looking for sooner or later thanks again

6. seaecho

seaecho New Member

My advice, for what its worth - TAKE RIDING LESSONS! Make sure you know how to control a horse, give me cues, etc. I hate to see a green rider jerking and kicking a horse around, because he doesn't know any better. Like was already said, NO horse is completely predictible. An older one is more likely to be more predictible, but truly bomb proof is very difficult to find. If a horse doesn't know what you want, and you keep tugging on him and kicking on him, he will often become frustrated, and then you have ruined a good horse. Find a good instructor who can put you on a lesson horse and show you how to tell a horse what you want it to do. Its the kindest thing for the horse you will eventually be buying.