1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Best shampoo/conditioner for this hair type?

Discussion in 'Dogs - all breeds / types' started by DeLaUK, Sep 21, 2005.

1. DeLaUK

DeLaUK New Member

My dog Krissie, weve 'decided' shes possibly a Poodle/Dalmatian mix, I shaved her down recently and discovered a lot more black spots on her body, and hiding under her mass of terrier hair on her head she has Poodle hair (at least thats what it looks like). The problem is her skin is very oily but the ends of her hair is very dry and brittle, she was on a 'variety' of food at the shelter (they get whatever the food companies give them) and I do have her on a pretty good food now (similar to APD-Breeders Choice), it has made some difference to her skin, its not as oily and with the shaving down her hair seems to be okay but once it grows back I think it might be the same as before.
    Is there a good shampoo and conditioner combo that would help with the oily skin but without drying her hair any more than it is (or will be).

I cant get most of the brand names products here in Germany that are available in US but if there are some basic ingredients that you think would help Im sure I can find equivelants.

Thanks.

2. honeybears

honeybears New Member

oatmeal is supposed to very good for moisture, but yet non-drying so if you can find somethig with that in it,

3. Shineillusion

Shineillusion New Member

I wouldn't use an oatmeal shampoo, it won't do a thing for the oily skin, and might make it worse.

With these types of coats I like a shampoo that contains salycilic acid or chlorhexidine. Oily skin is a breeding ground for yeast, and both of those ingredients will help prevent yeast overgrowth as well as getting the skin clean. Follow that with a vinegar/water rinse; one cup of vinegar in a gallon of warm water.

For conditioner, I'd use a light leave in conditioning spray, and use it sparingly. Avoid anything with lanolin.

4. DeLaUK

DeLaUK New Member

Thanks, Ill give that a try. :y_the_best: