1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Best way to potty train my puppy

Discussion in 'Dogs - small breeds (toy) specific' started by Dakotagirl, Feb 4, 2006.

1. Dakotagirl

Dakotagirl New Member

Hi,

I am new here and am hoping someone has a few tips for me on potty training my 8 week old chihuahua puppy.

Scooby was just at the vet yesterday and weighs in at 1.5 lbs. He is so little to take outside to go potty (I live in North Dakota and it gets quite "chilly" here in the winter lol) and I was thinking about using a litter box to train him, but the vet didn't think that was a good idea. I'm not sure why, he just said I should take him outside or else get the puppy pads to train him on.

Has anyone litter boxed trained there pup? Did it work well? Any tips to training him?

I would appreciate any information you can give me.

Thanks
    Barb[/img]

2. doglover1234

doglover1234 New Member

I dont know the actual process but would think its much more sanitary then just training the puppy to use puppy pads and in the long run alot cheaper. Now I have larger dogs but they have managed to soak through the puppy pads in training and need constant replacement. I would think the liter would be like that of a cat and is scoopable. I wonder why your vet said the one and not the other would be better.