1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Betta Fish and Traveling

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by princessjen, Jul 13, 2005.

1. princessjen

princessjen New Member

I plan on going to my cottage for a few weeks. I would like to take my betta with me. It is about a 2 hour drive. The drive wont stress out my fish and kill him will it?

2. Trickster

Trickster New Member

Well moving a betta for only a 2 hour drive aient to hard. Just make sure you have a good container that has oxygen going in it since bettas are labrynith fish. They breath the same air as us. Fish are always transported long distances such as from florida to here and somehow they survive. Even a well cleaned out coffe cup, with a big whole in the lid, filled with condtioned water, in ur cup holder would do fine to keep the betta in for 2 hours.

3. Fish Addict

Fish Addict New Member

what size tank is it cuase you might be able just to carry it just take out a little water so it doesn't spill

4. princessjen

princessjen New Member

Its a 1/2 gallon. I wanted to just keep him in there for the drive.

5. Trickster

Trickster New Member

that all sounds fine, u could carry the 1/2 gallon but not completely full of water.

But in the future you would realy wana look into getting a bigger tank.

A betta should have a 5 gallon of its on at least. The only reason they survive in 1/2 gallons is the fact they are labryinths.

(Shouldnt put anything else with a betta since they are so aggressive, but in some cases a male betta will get along with other fish)