1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Betta Tank-Home MAde

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by M_wm, Aug 14, 2004.

?

Wat do u think?

Poll closed Aug 21, 2004.
  1. Stop being so cheap by a real tank!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. I think its Good!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. M_wm

M_wm New Member

Ok here my plan i dont like the bowl my betta is in its about a 1g no filteration exc... anyways ive decied to make it a tank to fit on my computer desk here my plans (feel free to comment on my plans) (NOT THE DRAWNING THO) :oops:
    [​IMG]

2. grnlemonade

grnlemonade New Member

not to bad, this way you can customize the tank to what you want/need...goodluck on building it...

3. tina1

tina1 New Member

That sounds cool! If I did my cm to inches conversions correctly it should give you about 2 gallons. How are you going to rig the lighting?

Please post pics if you decide to do this, I'd be very interested to see how it turns out :D

4. M_wm

M_wm New Member

if i do it ill post pics for sure :D

5. OneWolvesDream

OneWolvesDream New Member

No reason for being cheap, some of the best tanks where made by people because they didnt want to buy one.

6. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

Well, I can't see your picture, but FWIW, you can buy 3 gallon jars like this at Walmart for around $13 (it's labeled as 2 gallons, but is actually 3). I keep my male bettas in them.

[​IMG]

-Chelle

7. grnlemonade

grnlemonade New Member

yea, those dont look that bad chelle.

8. Obelix

Obelix New Member

Woah :shock: Those 3 Gallon bottles must be a manchan compared to the little things they keep them in at the ttore.

9. OneWolvesDream

lol, yup, at walmart you can get a jar made for them, its about 5 or 6 gal and its $2.

10. grnlemonade

grnlemonade New Member

thats not that bad of a price for a 5-6 gallon jar. that would be worth buying

11. M_wm

M_wm New Member

I put my betta in my 5g cuz its filter and all that stuff hes got it all to himself. I dont think ill be making this betta tank anymore. He seems to like the 5g swimming all around :D

12. grnlemonade

grnlemonade New Member

yea, a 5 gallon would be better off for the betta rather then a 2 gallon....as always, the bigger the better for fish.

13. OneWolvesDream

Lol, my friend got a betta fish and im letting that fish get my extra 10 gal. now that must be nice for a betta. (oh and he has the whole 10 gal to himself.)

14. M_wm

M_wm New Member

Yah mine is so active now thats hes got 5g to himself and hes eating again too its cool! Mine has attitude he doesnt like guppys, neons, ect the list continues ive been thinkin about getting him a Female Companion :wink: :lol: but i heard they will harras females but this is a pretty big tank for betta do u think they would be okay togather?

15. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

Unless it's during the short period when they're breeding, you shouldn't keep males & females together.

-Chelle

16. M_wm

M_wm New Member

Okay thanks for info, i just wanted a fish to maybe keep him company

17. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

How about an african dwarf frog? Or an apple snail?

-Chelle

18. Fish Addict

Fish Addict New Member

i can't see your pic either but i would just buy a jar like t_chelle showed

19. M_wm

M_wm New Member

I think he likes the 5g for then a jar :lol: