1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Betta Tank Question

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by Aqueous, Apr 28, 2004.

1. Aqueous

Aqueous New Member

Over the past year my betta collection has grown from 2 bettas to 10 (9 male and 1 female) and my parents are finally fed up with having so many small tanks around the house. They have said that all my fish are going to be moving to the basement and that I should buy one large tank for my bettas (to get rid of the small ones) and that my dad would make a divider that would give the bettas their own tanks within the large one.

My question is:

Would it be ok to buy a 30 gallon ( or larger) and make a divider to keep my bettas seperate or do you think that this would be a bad idea?

Thanks in advance!

2. OneWolvesDream

OneWolvesDream New Member

i dont know, it may be a bad idea. the thought of the fish stepping into anothers territory may be strassful to the fishes. :(

3. J_acon

J_acon New Member

Sounds good, those guys are about 3", if you follow the 1" per gallon rule these guys will have around their 3 gallons each if you divide the 30 gallon tank into 10 parts, and if they all share the same water (the dividers only keep the them away from each other but lets the water flow through) you can have nice filter for all of them :D

I wonder who will be the lucky fish to get the female as his companion. :mrgreen:

4. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

I actually know someone on another forum that did pretty much the same thing. Unfortunately the forum is down right now, but as soon as it's back online I'll post a link.

-Chelle

5. tina1

tina1 New Member

It sounds good, but I'd be worried about the stress on all those males seeing all the other males around them all the time.

6. Aqueous

Aqueous New Member

:D Thanks everyone!

I was worried about the stress on the fish from having a lot of other males around so I didn't know if it would be a good idea.

J_acon:

Right now she's living with Spike ( my white short fin betta) so I guess when I move them to the larger tank I might only have 9 seperate parts and let Spike and Tsu stay together. They both get along really well. :wink:

7. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

Okay the site is back up (although loading really slowly) so here's the thread about her set up. If you scroll to the bottom, there's a pic.
    http://p076.ezboard.com/fflippersnfinsf ... =193.topic

-Chelle

8. Aqueous

Aqueous New Member

:D Thanks Chelle!