1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Betta's fin is shrinking`

Discussion in 'Fish and Aquarium - all types' started by horse_child, Apr 23, 2005.

1. horse_child

horse_child New Member

My betta is in a 29 gallon tank by himself (haven't gotten around to getting more fish) so there isn't anything with him that could eat his tail. I feed him everyday, this just recently happened, and it seems to be getting worse. Any help is appreciated!

2. t_chelle16

t_chelle16 New Member

Could be fin rot. What are your readings for ammonia, nitrIte, and nitrAte?

-Chelle

3. horse_child

horse_child New Member

i'll check...

4. Petz8888

Petz8888 New Member

Ya I would say its fin rot...

Get the readings and we can figure out if it is.

Then you can treat your fish.

Do you mean its frayed in places or its actualy shrinking?

Are there snails or bottom feeders in the tanmk?

5. horse_child

horse_child New Member

*still checking*
    and it's actually shrinking, not fraying at all, and no other fish are in the tank, just him.

6. Trickster

Trickster New Member

Its easily to mistake fin, tail rot, mine was shrinking and fraying, and developing holes in the middle of his fins. I got "Fungus Cure" medicine that treats all round fungus (Mouth, fin/tail, eye etc...) And it seems to have workers. The only thing i dont like about the medicine is it turns the water green, but only for about 6 days and its cured, (give or take a few days)

7. horse_child

horse_child New Member

Ok, thanks I'll try that "Fungus Cure" stuff. I can't drive so I'm at the mercy of my parents and if it isn't at Wal-Mart they won't get it for me. So I'll try that first, thanks.

8. Trickster

Trickster New Member

U can get it at bigalsonline order it, or u can goto "AquariumServices" if u live anywhere close to one. Most pet stores should carry it because its a popular medicine. And if u want Rapid repair theres somethign called Melefix or a name simmlar to that, it repairs fins realy fast.

9. horse_child

horse_child New Member

Awsome! Thanks, I'll see what I can find!