1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

bichon maltese

Discussion in 'Dogs - small breeds (toy) specific' started by montreal212, Mar 23, 2004.

1. montreal212

montreal212 New Member

:cry:

Our 9 month old bichon maltese started behaving strange. We took him home when he was three months old and was learning how to potty (training pads). About a month and a half ago, he just started poo-ing and pee-ing anywhere he pleases....

Is there a way to help us? Please ;0

thank you

2. puttin510

puttin510 New Member

One thing to do is use soemthing like natures miracle or simple solution, found in pet supply stores and pour it on any spot your malitchon has done his business on and let it dry. make sure to saturate the spots. Dogs usually go in spots that have their smell. So if its not there he hopefully won't go there. Lots of trips outside and lots of praise for going outside. Designate an area to him outside. Hope that was of some help.

3. bellasmommy

bellasmommy New Member

well first off, is this definitely behavioral?

have you taken him to the vet to be sure that there is no underlying illness?

i would do that first off before anything else.
    has anything changed in his daily routine lately? any new people in the home? any new animals? have you changed his food? or his water bowls?

are you still using wee pads? have you moved their location?

sorry for all the questions, just trying to get a better grip on the situation :mrgreen:

4. MyBabyShihPoo

MyBabyShihPoo New Member

GREAT ADVICE ABOVE!

There was a very similar post concerning this issue before, so I am going to cheat :wink: and copy my reply from that post:

Hope this helped you some! :D

Keep us updated,
    Kristi

5. ilovemaltipoos

ilovemaltipoos New Member

Changes in diet or procedure ,home enviroment ....alot of issues .Best to take to your vet first to see if there is an illness ,if not ,more than apt you will have to start over with the potty trainning .Once they get off the routine ,you have to be fast and firm in getting them back to it .

6. ilovemaltipoos

Oh and have you tried puppy litter ? I am using it right now and it is helping alot with stubborn puppies that want to rip the pads to shreds .

7. puttin510

puttin510 New Member

You knbow after seeing this again, I remeber someone telling me a few years ago, bichons can be stubborn about potty training.

8. ilovemaltipoos

Bichons can be stubborn ,so can Maltese ..So you can have a double problem there ! LOL !