1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Bird Instantly Trained, So Happy Am I!!

Discussion in 'Birds - all breeds / types' started by drab911, Sep 14, 2005.

1. drab911

drab911 New Member

Hey everyone... as you all know I was having some diffficultys with my bird... well my buddy came over and we figured out that the lady hadnt clipped his wings what so ever, i guess to get me to come back and pay.. anyywas we clipped them and instantly hes on my hand and likes me now haha so for ANYONE who is having troubles make sure the wings are clipped properly!!
    nothing but good times ahead now hehe

2. Aqueous

Aqueous New Member

Congrats.

I went through the same thing with Kiwi when I first go him.

3. charmedagain

charmedagain New Member

Thats the thing with birds who have there wings clipped it makes training easier as the birds depend on there owner to get around so this help them bond better and learn quicker.

Congrats and hope you have hours of fun training him

Mike

4. drab911

drab911 New Member

haha i wouldnt say it makes it easier.. probably more like possible LOL haha... thanks for all of your on going support mike its been greatly appriciated... do you let your birds wings grow back in after it is tame or is it better to keep them clipped... i feel like the bird is SO much safer with clipped wings...

5. charmedagain

charmedagain New Member

I usually keep mine clipped, One of my pairs of cockatiels i do not have clipped since they were tamed.

It depends on the individual owner as to what they think is best, If you feel better them being clipped then keep them clipped.

There feathers will grow back in during every molt which is usually every couple of months.

Mike