1. Daphnia - Live Aquarium Foods

Grow your baby fish like a PRO
    Live Daphnia are great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry. Order online to start a never-ending supply of Live Daphnia! [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Microworms - Live Aquarium Foods

Microworms are a great live feed for your Fish or Shrimp Fry, easy to culture and considerably improve your fry mortality rate. Start your never-ending supply of Microworms today! [ Click to order ]
  3. Australian Blackworms - Live Fish Food

Live Australian Blackworms, Live Vinegar Eels. Visit us now to order online. Express Delivery. [ Click to order ]
    Dismiss Notice

Blood test results

Discussion in 'Cats - all breeds / types' started by Heather&Nicole, Aug 12, 2004.

1. Heather&Nicole

Heather&Nicole New Member

Well..They think harlequinn might have feline aids or feline leukemia :cry: :cry: :cry: They have to do a couple more tests now to know for sure. She is semi anemic too he said. Please pray that she doesnt have either :( Its hard for me to keep it together here at work after finding this out.

2. Mary_NH

Mary_NH New Member

oh I hope it's neither...I had a cat pass from feline leuk years upon years ago before the vaccine was available. It was quick and so hard.

3. Heather&Nicole

They said its not aids or leukemia, they were even nice enough to send my girl home with a bill so I could pay next week. They also did the exam, fluids, and pain shot (fever reducer) for free, as well as gave us free meds. They said that they'd have to do a big slew of tests to find out what it is but thankfully its not that. My said she is alert and active now. Hopefully the medicine helps. Thank you for listening.

4. halaroo

halaroo New Member

My thoughts are with you! I hope everything is okay and she gets through whatever it is she has. Keep us posted.

5. vene

vene New Member

I wish the vet would've narrowed down even more as to what it is that Harlequinn has. At least you know it's not aids or leuk. Sending positive thoughts and prayers your way. [-o<

6. Heather&Nicole

Yeah im waiting for the doc to call me but its still good news that it wasnt those two things. Hopefully she'll pull through outta this

7. Mary_NH

Mary_NH New Member

that is good news it's not either of those (wiping brow)....hope they call you soon so you can put your mind at ease. I hate it when they get busy and don't get a chance to call right back - I spend the day staring at the phone

8. nern

nern New Member

I'm glad to hear that she tested negative for feline aids and leukemia and that she seems to be feeling better.

9. Heather&Nicole

This morning she got up like she used to and came over and layed around my head on my pillow and followed me into the bathroom...slower then normal bu ti know she's feeling better. That medicine is definatly helpin her. NO FEVER OR SLUGGISHNESS TODAY.

Thank you all for your continued support!

10. vene

vene New Member

Yeah, she's feeling better! :eek:

11. Heather&Nicole

Here is a pic of the kitty who is getting better

[​IMG]

Harlequin is also on page 4 of the cat photo contest. PLEASE VOTE FOR HER

12. kyles101

kyles101 New Member

aw give her a pat for me

13. deb2950

deb2950 New Member

jut curious

is that a flea collar on the kittys neck? Some cats can't tolerate them and become ill, just a thought.

14. Heather&Nicole

thats a pic from like a month before